IBMA, the International Biocontrol Manufacturers Association represents the biocontrol industry, with over 220 member companies globally. Biocontrol technologies are also known alternatives to control pests and diseases effectively in an environmentally friendly way in agriculture, forestry, public spaces, and gardens. The products originate from nature – directly or identical to nature if synthesized. The members’ solutions enhance biodiversity and soil health and fulfill the sustainability goals consumers demand.
To represent IBMA and to promote the interests of the biocontrol industry by providing high level technical input and perspectives to discussions with external agencies and within IBMA. To work with the Executive Director and Secretariat, the Professional Groups and to manage and co-ordinate regulatory affairs and develop and agree technical positions, that are endorsed by the Board and Executive Committee and to advocate these positions outside IBMA.
- The Technical Director reports to the Executive Director
- Represent IBMA in discussions with external groups such as policy makers, legislative bodies and intergovernmental organisations worldwide and where appropriate support the Executive Director in such discussions.
- Provide insight into the legislative agenda and priorities in EU COM and advise the Executive Director on relevant legislative priorities.
- Prepare technical and regulatory positions as required ensuring member engagement, co-ordinating member inputs and resolving member differences to distill a clear position fitting with IBMA strategic objectives.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with key regulatory stakeholders in EU COM, OECD, FAO, non-EU authorities and any other relevant organisations as agreed in discussion with the Executive Director.
- Lead the activities of the IBMA Professional Groups providing technical and regulatory input to facilitate decision making.
- Establish, manage and lead where necessary technical ad hoc or working groups, as required and agreed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Established Brussels network including EP, EU COM, NGOs, relevant trade associations and other stakeholders
- Ability to network effectively and diplomatically in a multi-cultural environment
- Good level of technical and regulatory experience of biocontrol technology
- Excellent understanding of agriculture, sustainability issues and policies across Europe and ideally globally
- Degree and ideally doctorate in biological or agricultural sciences
- Extensive experience in biocontrol industry or related field (e.g.,agriculture, crop protection)
- Good teamworking and consultative leadership approach
- English and at least one other main European language
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘IBMA – Technical Director’ in the subject line.
Deadline Friday 12th of November.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Starting Date as soon as possible