About Confcommercio and its EU team
Confcommercio-Imprese per l’Italia – the Italian General Confederation of Enterprises, Professions and Self-Employment – counts more than 700,000 enterprises, making it the largest employer organisation in Italy. In a transformational effort to increase its capacity of work and its team size, the organisation is looking for several new team members in Brussels to join its EU office, including a Senior Advisor to lead on the portfolio of Competition/Internal Market/Commerce and Agrifood.
About the Role
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Monitoring and assessing the EU legislative and policy activities in respective area of expertise – Competition/Internal Market/Commerce and Agrifood.
- Keeping the internal network of stakeholders, especially members, informed of the activities at EU level in these areas;
- Drafting position papers and policy briefs;
- Representing the interests of Confcommercio towards institutional stakeholders (e.g. Officials of the European Commission and Permanent Representations in Brussels, MEPs);
- Liaising with non-institutional stakeholders (companies and associations) in the relevant sectors;
- Participating and representing Confcommerco’s interests in EuroCommerce working groups;
- Supporting the organisation of events.
About your Experience
- A native level (or native equivalent level) of Italian and fluency in English with any other language to be considered an asset;
- Master’s degree in law, international relations, political science, or economics with other relevant degrees to be considered as well;
- Detailed knowledge of EU Institutions and decision-making processes and experience of close work with said Institutions;
- Experience in Public Policy or Government Affairs roles, preferably in consulting firms, companies, trade associations or EU Institutions;
- Previous experience in one of the EU Institutions is an advantage;
- The ability to work on files both independently and as part of a team;
- Proactivity and strong analytical skills;
- The ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in person and excellent interpersonal skills.
About the Offer
- Join a growing team and an office that is transforming itself into an impactful policy contributor;
- The opportunity to take ownership of and shape a new position with your own expertise and way of work;
- Competitive salary package.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to send their application consisting of CV and cover letter to Sergey Golyshin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.