About the Organisation
EuroCommerce is the principal European organisation representing the retail and wholesale sector. It embraces national associations in 27 countries, sector associations and leading global players. Over a billion times a day, retailers and wholesalers distribute goods and provide an essential service to millions of business and individual customers. The sector generates 1 in 7 jobs, offering a varied career to 26 million Europeans, many of them young people. It also supports millions of further jobs throughout the supply chain, from small local suppliers to international businesses. EuroCommerce is the recognised European social partner for the retail and wholesale sector.
As an Advisor Digital and Consumer Policy, you will have the opportunity to work in a role with a clear connection to EuroCommerce’s mission.
About the Role
Advisor Digital and Consumer Policy will be working with Digital, Single Market & Consumer Policy team and reporting to the Director, Digital, Internal Market and Consumer Policy. Their responsibilities will consist of:
- Monitoring and assessing key political and policy developments in the field of EU Digital and Consumer Policy of concern to the retail & wholesale sector,
- Managing and supporting members in these areas through briefings and analysis and organising events,
- Building consensus among members and formulating policy positions with members on priority issues,
- Working with EuroCommerce members, key stakeholders, and EU institutions to ensure that the interests of the sector are well understood and reflected in policy decisions,
- As part of a team, managing and supporting the EuroCommerce Internal Market and Consumers Committee and its working groups in relation to digital and to consumer law,
- Contributing to and implementing advocacy and communications plans and positions on key issues, contributing pro-actively to the sector’s approach and promoting good practice on digital and consumer policy,
- Representing the organisation externally on digital and consumer policy: EU institutions and other key stakeholders,
- Around 3 to 5 years of hands-on work experience in a relevant role in EU Public Affairs, preferably in a retail or wholesale company or association, dealing with EU digital and/or consumer law,
- Proven track record engaging in the EU decision-making processes and with EU institutions,
- University degree preferably in Law or Political sciences with any other relevant degree to be considered,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in written and spoken English. Ability to interact and engage with various stakeholders in an international context,
- Pro-active, independent, adaptable, and a resourceful team player with demonstrable organisational, inter-personal and negotiation skills,
- Capacity to deliver results on time, adapt swiftly to changing priorities, tasks and needs, ability to manage different projects and issues in parallel.
- Join a young and dynamic team of one of the biggest and most credible trade associations in Brussels – a team of significant policy and public affairs professionals in retail and wholesale industry,
- Opportunity to gain visibility and expend your network by meeting and liaising with important key policymakers in the retail industry through various events,
- Chance to work on high-priority and interesting policy files with the opportunity to influence current Digital and Consumer legislation,
- Strong possibility to grow within the organisation training and coaching opportunities which are embedded in the organisation culture.
- Flexible work arrangement as part of the benefits package
How to apply
EuroCommerce and Mavence are committed to diversity and inclusion, which is why we encourage all applicants no matter their age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, disability, sex and gender identity, religion, or political affiliation to apply for vacancies.
Applications would consist of a Cover Letter and recent Curriculum Vitae and will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.