About the Association
Originally founded in 1951, CEPE, the European Council of the Paint, Printing Ink and Artist’s Colours Industry is an exclusive leading trade association representing the interests of coatings sector Paint, Printing Ink, and Artist’s Colours manufacturers in Europe. CEPE’s mission as the voice of the sector to the European Union is to discuss and develop the framework conditions with all their stakeholders in Europe. As Public Affairs Manager at CEPE, you will be initiating the improvement of the framework conditions which will lead to a more competitive, healthier and sustainable future.
CEPE stands upon worthwhile network of national associations and direct member companies which monitor relevant issues, analyse, and develop recommendations to deliver “one message” across Europe.
About the Role
By reporting directly to the Managing Director, Public Affairs Manager will be:
- Leading on the development, coordination and implementation of CEPE’s advocacy and public affairs strategy
- Monitoring a number of relevant policy and regulatory topics, including issues surrounding circularity, green claims, biocides and micro-plastics, but also e.g. the CLP/ REACH revisions, ESPR and other related files
- Engaging with CEPE’s members and leading the association’s internal Public Affairs Working Group
- Working closely with the Regulatory Affairs team and the Communications Manager with campaigning and developing social media and other strategies
- Maintaining effective relations and expanding CEPE’s network among representatives of the EU institutions and other key policy stakeholders in the region
- Liaising with CEPE members (companies and National Associations) and other trade associations/partner organisations such as fellow DUCC (Downstream Users of Chemicals Co-ordination) Group members and other stakeholders
- Organising and executing events, meetings and representing CEPE in a relevant public scene that increase CEPE’s visibility among EU decision-makers
About the Required Experience
- Preferably university degree in Political Sciences, Communications or Science background with any other relevant degree to be considered
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience within an EU public affairs and/or communications environment (e.g. EU industry associations, consultancies, NGOs or similar)
- A strong interest in working on circularity, sustainability, and chemical industry related topics
- Commercial drive to use public affairs and communication skills to grow CEPE’s public image
- Enthusiastic, motivated and diplomatic attitude to take initiatives with a flexible mindset
- Able to work alone and as a part of the team
- Good understanding of EU legislation processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication/people skills in English (native/near-native) and knowledge of other EU languages to be considered a plus
- Ability to interact complex ideas and issues effectively and translate them into everyday language to engage with various industry leaders internally and externally.
About the Offer
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to deliver an impact and to lead on the public affairs strategy of a whole industry
- Substantial opportunity to develop personally/professionally within an experienced team
- Full-time contract and a benefits package
- Hybrid work arrangement (two days office presence)
How to apply
CEPE and Mavence are committed to diversity and inclusion, which is why we encourage all applicants no matter their age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, disability, sex and gender identity, religion, or political affiliation to apply for vacancies.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org AND Sergey Golyshin, Director Recruitment – Mavence at email@example.com putting ‘Application – CEPE Public Affairs Manager’ in the subject line.
Applications would consist of a Cover Letter, a recent Curriculum Vitae, and a written English sample and will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SectorCircularity, Green claims, biocides and micro-plastics; CLP/ REACH revisions; ESPR