Edenred is a leading global provider of earmarked solutions for the world of work, connecting more than 60 million users and 2 million partner merchants in 45 countries via close to 1 million corporate clients.
We provide innovative specific-purpose solutions for food (such as meal benefits), incentives (such as gift cards, employee engagement platforms), mobility (such as multi-energy, maintenance, toll, parking and commuter solutions) and corporate payments (such as virtual cards).
Present in Germany for more than 48 years, Edenred serves more than 1.5 million employees in more than 47.000 companies.
Since its creation, Edenred has been a partner of public authorities and all the actors of the working world to design solutions and programs which address essential societal needs and tackle public policy challenges. This leads to more transparent, sustainable and effective public policies.
By providing an access to targeted goods and services within a dedicated network of service providers and helping workers and citizens fulfill their essential needs, our solutions facilitate the response to specific policy challenges:
– Food and nutrition in the workplace: because they are based on a network of existing food merchants and restaurants, Edenred meal voucher solutions ease companies and public authorities’ common efforts to improve workers’ access to food and to a more balanced nutrition.
– Decent working conditions: by facilitating the access to care services (childcare, homecare) and the delivery of welfare to employees, our solutions are a means to reduce occupational diseases and promote work-life balance.
– Sustainability: we develop solutions and programs to incentivize more responsible behaviors and encourage a change in consumption modes (eco vouchers in Belgium, professional mobility solutions, commuter benefits).
– Support of the local economy: through our targeted solutions, merchants benefit from an increase of the demand and of customers loyalty
– Direct delivery of welfare to citizens and development assistance: our solutions and technologies are often used by public authorities and NGOs to deliver specific social aids to targeted populations. In this case, vouchers offer a much more efficient and financially sustainable alternative to in-kind support or cash.
Edenred has recently entered the CAC 40 index, which gathers the 40 largest and most actively traded companies in France.
The Public Affairs Director is a critical role responsible for representing, promoting and defending Edenred Germany’s activities and, together with the General Manager, for being the spokesman for the company towards the government and other institutions. The Public Affairs Director will have to identify, understand and assess the key regulatory issues that may affect the business, set priorities, and, wherever possible, turn regulatory challenges into opportunities over both the short and long term. They will also proactively seek to work collaboratively with governments bodies, NGOs and regulators, as well as relevant stakeholders i.e. trade unions, trade associations, academia, think tanks, journalists, civil society groups, international organizations representations and all participating parties.
- Monitor and follow up related context (legislative, economic, social, political, cultural) and analyze publications and information to anticipate decisions that may impact the business
- Prioritize regulatory issues
- Map out and proactively engage key stakeholders
- Design action plan (short, middle and long term) and project-manage the execution of the plan
- Write up position papers, design adapted tools and supporting documents, communicate to stakeholders
- Translate company’s positions into messages that will be adapted to the relevant audience
- Pilot additional research if necessary
- Participate/initiate working groups and official meetings, including high level and represent the company during conferences
- Build and promote strategic partnerships and alliances with different stakeholders
- Choose and supervise external lobbyist/consultants if necessary
- Liaise with the Corporate Public Affairs Department for coordination and support
- Analyze opportunities and contribute to business development; coordinate with the marketing, development, communication and legal departments.
Experience and background:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in government relations or related areas;
- Experience of Public Affairs in companies or Public Affairs Consulting industry;
- PR and media experiences a plus;
- (Master) Degree in Political sciences, law, economy, journalism or communication;
- German speaking and fluent English.
Strong interest in institutional affairs and strategic communication;
Excellent communication skills as well as consensus building skills;
Ability to manage multiple projects under tight time constraints;
Self-initiated, reliable, independent, creative and strongly solution-minded;
Organizational, planning and time-management skills.
Position report: Country Managing Director