About the Organisation
Policies are a key driver to accelerate change in industry, especially when it comes to circularity and sustainability. The Policy Hub’s mission is to propose such an ambitious policy framework for the industry in Europe. As Public Affairs Director you will spearhead the development of this policy framework that will enable change in the apparel and footwear sector. To achieve this, you will work with the companies, European institutions and civil society.
The Policy Hub- Circularity for Apparel and Footwear unites the apparel and footwear industry to develop ambitious policies that accelerate sustainable practices. We represent more than 700 apparel & footwear stakeholders, including brands, retailers, manufacturers, and NGOs. PolicyHub gathers the technical expertise and knowledge from members and partner organisations alike: Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), Global Fashion Agenda (GFA), Federation of European Sporting Goods (FESI), and Textile Exchange. In close collaboration with policymakers, the Policy Hub draws on these technical inputs to propose ambitious policies for the textiles industry in Europe.
About the Role
Policy Hub – Circularity for Apparel & Footwear as its Public Affairs Director:
- Overseeing all projects and efforts related to the Policy Hub – Circularity for Apparel & Footwear.
- Leading the facilitation of meetings with the partnering organisations (SAC, GFA, Textile Exchange, FESI) and their member companies.
- Leading engagement and communication with external stakeholders, companies & EU institutions.
- Leading external communications through updates of social media accounts & website.
- Leading the planning and execution of events, workshops, and meetings.
- Representing the Policy Hub – Circularity for Apparel and Footwear in public fora (conferences, workshops, other external meetings).
- Supervise and manage 2 staff: the Public Affairs Manager (based in Brussels) & Public Affairs Analyst (to be hired) and coordinate the work of the other resources provided by Policy Hub partners.
- Manage the budget of the organization.
Leading on specific policies for the team:
- Scope: Circular Economy Action Plan, including among others Ecodesign, Green Claims, Digital Product Passports, and/or similar topics
- Strategic analysis of policy developments: identifying engagement opportunities, strategic opportunities and risks for the sector;
- Liaising with European institutions and other stakeholders;
- At least 6 years of proven work experience.
- Proven track record of engaging in the EU decision-making processes and with EU institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact and engage with various stakeholders in an international context.
- Proven experience working in an industry association or collaborative effort in senior capacity.
- Excellent analytical capabilities. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English. Knowledge of other EU languages is a plus.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills to effectively communicate to all audiences.
Education & Skills
- University degree preferably in Political Sciences/ Law /Economics
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel) skills required
- Experience working in an international and multi-cultural context.
How to apply
The Policy Hub and Mavence are committed to diversity and inclusion, which is why we encourage all applicants no matter their age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, disability, sex and gender identity, religion, or political affiliation to apply for vacancies.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their applications to Sergey Golyshin, Director Recruitment – Mavence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications would consist of a Cover Letter and recent Curriculum Vitae and will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.