As Europe’s leading online fashion retailer, Zalando is connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. Zalando drives digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 38 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
As Senior Public Affairs Manager France you will lead efforts in building a positive reputation in Zalando’s French and Southern European markets (Italy and Spain). You will represent the interests of Zalando towards political decision makers, local authorities and regulatory audiences.
Reporting to the Director – Public Affairs and the VP Corporate Affairs, the Senior Manager is going to:
- Monitor, assess, and react to policy and regulatory developments with a focus on labour & employment, transportation, sustainability, taxation, health & safety in the working place.
- Engage proactively with government officials, trade associations, chambers and industry partners to address challenges and opportunities for Zalando in France.
- Ensure Zalando maintains constructive relationships at all levels of government.
- Build policy alliances and informal networks to advance business objectives.
- Procure and manage consultancies who help you navigate.
- Develop and draft policy positions and respond to public consultations.
- Enable further business growth by working hand-in-hand with our business and communications units for France & Southern Markets, and support the expansion of Zalando’s local logistics network.
- Reinforce Zalando’s brand reputation.
- Highlight the positive economic, social and environmental impact of our work.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience (particularly within the corporate world, with a particular preference given to experience in sectors such as e-commerce, sustainability, working with brands, etc.).
- French native speaker with a near-native level of written and spoken English. Other languages, such as German/Spanish/Italia would be an asset.
- Strong political network in France with a track record in successful relationship building and political influencing across political party lines.
- Strong analytical capabilities. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Resourceful and solution-oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset and a high motivation to master complex policy challenges under tight deadlines.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the e-commerce industry. A deep understanding of the way technology works and how it affects businesses and society.
What the position offers
- Highly motivated, international Public Affairs team at a responsible European platform with a high degree of personal responsibility and ample room to grow.
- With this being a new position, you will have a lot of room to shape it according to your own personal preferences and skills, with the mid-to-long term opportunity to build a team.
- You will regularly brief the CEO of Zalando on the French & Southern European Markets and its developments.
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts and a high level of internal mobility to move into other roles across the entire corporate structure of Zalando.
- Competitive salary in line with your experience and accompanied by the following benefits:
- Employees get Zalando share discounts
- 40% Zalando shopping discount
- discounts from external partners
- public transport discounts
- great IT equipment
- flexible working times
- additional holidays and volunteering time off