As Europe’s leading online fashion retailer, Zalando delivers to customers in 20 countries from their fashion stores, featuring a wide assortment from more than 4,000 brands.
Founded in 2008, the company has grown to expand across the majority of the European Union’s member states. In order to consolidate its market position, Zalando is thus looking for a new Senior Manager – Public Affairs to take lead of building a positive reputation on the Polish market specifically, and the wider Central European Market (including Czech Republic and Slovakia) generally.
As Senior Public Affairs Manager Poland you will lead Zalando’s efforts in building a positive reputation in our Polish and further Central European markets (eg. Czech Republic, Slovakia). You will represent the interests of Zalando towards political decision makers, local authorities and regulatory audiences.
Reporting to the Director – Public Affairs and the VP Corporate Affairs, the Senior Manager is going to:
- Monitor, assess, and react to policy and regulatory developments with a focus on labour & employment, transportation, sustainability, taxation, health & safety in the working place.
- Engage proactively with government officials, trade associations, chambers and industry partners to address challenges and opportunities for Zalando in Poland.
- Ensure Zalando maintains constructive relationships at all levels of government.
- Build policy alliances and informal networks to advance business objectives.
- Procure and manage consultancies who help you navigate.
- Develop and draft policy positions and respond to public consultations.
- Enable further business growth by working hand-in-hand with our business and communications units for Poland and Central Europe, and support the expansion of Zalando’s local logistics network.
- Reinforce Zalando’s brand reputation.
- Highlight the positive economic, social and environmental impact of our work.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience (particularly within the corporate world, with a particular preference given to experience in sectors such as e-commerce, sustainability, working with brands, etc.).
- Polish native speaker with a near-native level of written and spoken English. Other languages, such as Czech/Slovak/German would be an asset.
- Strong political network in Poland with a track record in successful relationship building and political influencing across political party lines.
- Strong analytical capabilities. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Resourceful and solution-oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset and a high motivation to master complex policy challenges under tight deadlines.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the e-commerce industry. A deep understanding of the way technology works and how it affects businesses and society.
- Highly motivated, international Public Affairs team at a responsible European platform with a high degree of personal responsibility and ample room to grow.
- With this being a new position, you will have a lot of room to shape it according to your own personal preferences and skills, with the mid-to-long term opportunity to build a team.
- You will regularly brief the CEO of Zalando on the Polish & Central European Market and its developments.
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts and a high level of internal mobility to move into other roles across the entire corporate structure of Zalando.
- Competitive salary in line with your experience and accompanied by the following benefits:
- Employees get Zalando share discounts
- 40% Zalando shopping discount
- discounts from external partners
- public transport discounts
- municipality services
- great IT equipment
- flexible working times
- additional holidays and volunteering time off
- free beverages and fruits and diverse sports and health offerings