The Brussels office of a leading European Business Consulting firm specializing in Management and technology services is looking for a Senior Manager or Partner to serve as Team and Account Leader for the EU Institutions.
Main tasks and responsibilities (Senior Manager):
To revisit, strengthen, lead and accelerate the EU account development plan based on a personal network and commercial capacities and taking advantage of the company positioning on several framework contracts with EU and agencies. This entails:
- Commercial activities with EU stakeholders, presenting the company’s capabilities and identifying opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationship with existing and potential partners for future Request for Services and tenders
- Mobilization of in-house expertise and resources from across the firm to a proposal team;
- Supervision of EU related projects engagement, either directly as engagement manager or just as account leader, to be informed of company achievements and client relationship,
- Financial and contract management when acting as engagement manager
To help the co-ordination of the firm-wide EU community of interest. This entails:
- Mobilization of the EU community (EU academies, calls, etc.)
- Develop thought leadership;
- Cultivate a network of partners
- Anticipate the constitution of consortia to answer major frame contracts.
The senior manager will be included in the management team of the Belgium office and in the Government & Public Sector management team.
- A master’s degree in Political Sciences, European Studies, Business Administration or comparable;
- Proven and significant professional experience in leading a consulting team for the EU Institutions and public sector in general, including a sound understanding of their functioning, main stakes, characteristics of its main processes;
- A sound interest in and demonstrated experience with successful structural reform of public entities, policies elaboration and evaluation, dealing with strategy, organisation, processes, people and technology;
- Experience of successful business development (public tendering) in public sector;
- Existing network of decision makers inside the EU institution,
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Proficiency of several other EU languages (in particular Dutch, French and/or German) is a differentiating asset;
- Flexibility to travel for work, and to possibly work on assignments for non-EU clients (e.g. Belgian private sector companies). Travel may take up around up to a third of your time;
- Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Hands-on and result-oriented, with a can-do mentality;
- Strong & well-developed interpersonal skills;
- An exciting and interesting job as part of a dynamic, international and truly quality-driven company, where you get the chance to work in professional, multidisciplinary and highly collegial teams and on a range very diverse projects to empower you to realize your career objectives;
- If the candidate has a Partner profile, additional information will be provided regarding the specific role of a partner
- Extensive target and performance-driven growth opportunities to advance within the hierarchy and excellent training options to help you realize your career ambition;
- Beyond the EU account team, you will be integrated in a Government and Public Sector team (GPS) of more than 500 consultants, actively working for Public Sectors in Germany, France, UK, Ireland, and in the Nordics.
- The senior manager will be integrated both in the Brussels office and in the GPS community through a specific onboarding journey, in order to establish the internal network with the relevant experts from the GPS community in each country.