About the Organisation
The Organisation specialises in delivering decisive contributions for robust and efficient regulation through top quality in-depth research and lively debates, bringing together all key players within the energy, tech, media, telecom, mobility and water sectors to achieve the best possible outcome for its stakeholders.
Its membership includes independent regulators, corporations and university research centres operating across fields of expertise. This unique approach and membership allows the Organisation to provide a vibrant and trusted forum for debates between academia, industry, regulators, policy makers and civil society.
As a trusted partner that spans sectors, it serves as the go-to forum of the European Institutions with regard to digital and network industry sectors’ regulation.
Established in Brussels in 2010, the Organisation is fully committed to independence, excellence and innovation.
We are recruiting a multi-talented Executive or Manager to lead on Outreach and Partnership Development to develop the practice and its membership of our Client.
The successful candidate – a graduate of a prestigious educational establishment within the fields of business/management – is going to show that they have the skills and personality to establish new partnerships, build new relationships and promote the Organisation from a business vector as a trusted partner – in Brussels, in Member States and beyond Europe.
They will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of sectors, including, but not limited to digital/tech, energy as well as sustainability, establish long-term relationships with organisations from the corporate world to academic institutions, and identify new funding sources.
Reporting to the Director–General, the Executive/Manager is also going to have functional relationships with the heads of practice.
The new team member is going to deal with setting up and implementing professional processes which, with the support and involvement of the heads of practice and the academic directors, will lead to:
- Identifying and attracting new members to the think tank
- Developing appealing projects for the membership
- Selling the above projects (pitches)
- Extending academic resources
- Identifying additional funding sources (foundations, etc.) and getting financial contributions from them
- Contributing to internal budget planning and monitoring
- Initial and proven experience in working in a competitive commercial, business and/or consultancy environment developing new relationships in a commercial environment
- Experience as a business development manager or client acquisition manager, ideally within an agency/corporate environment, within membership bodies or other relevant environments would be a differentiating asset
- An overall commercial mindset and be comfortable in dealing with figures
- Have a savvy and charismatic personality
- Strong academic background with a relevant degree from a reputable educational institution (particularly in management or business)
- Be an enthusiastic colleague, setting high standards for their own work, helping others meet their objectives and always focused on finding a solution
- Be fluent in written and spoken English (other languages are always a plus)
- If the candidate is familiar with policy and regulatory issues in the tech/media/telecom area (which is likely be their main area of focus) or be prepared to acquire the necessary understanding of these issues to be able to convince his targets, this would be another differentiating asset
- Join a respected thinktank that sets the agenda and defines the debates national, international and EU stakeholders, industry, academia and the wider public lead
- The opportunity to shape a newly created role according to your own strengths and personality
- Become part of a highly regarded team of professionals on regulation, whose opinion and contribution is taken into account by Big Tech CEOs and EU Commissioners alike
- A highly competitive and encouraging salary package (either a fixed % or as % of acquired new turnover)