About the Group
As one of the world’s largest producers of electronic devices and active within an array of other business streams, Samsung Electronics specialises in the production of a wide variety of consumer and industry electronics, including appliances, digital media devices, semiconductors, memory chips, and integrated systems. Overseeing a global network of manufacturing and R&D with worldwide supply chains for its production, it is one of the world’s largest technology companies by revenue and by market capitalisation.
Working on cutting-edge research and development on strategic technology and innovation ranging from semiconductors to batteries, Samsung is currently consolidating its Digital & Sustainable Regulation team in Brussels.
About the Role
Samsung is looking for a Senior Manager – EU Sustainability Regulatory Affairs to join their expanding EU affairs team.
Reporting directly to the team’s Head of Group, the new team member shall collaborate also with other team members to:
- Ensure that the company’s regulatory interests are represented on key topics such as Ecodesign for Sustainable Product Regulation (ESPR), the ecodesign and energy labelling working plan, EU battery regulation and other product-specific pieces of regulation.
- Monitor relevant regulatory developments (e.g. on the topics listed above), gather impulses and intelligence with regards to potential regulatory and product policy change and draw conclusions/recommendations on business ramifications as well as how to mitigate them.
- Establish and maintain close relations with various EU Institutions (European Commission, European Parliament and Council of the EU) as well as other regulators and ensure the sound implementation of the corporate regulatory and public affairs strategy in close liaison with other team members e.g. by providing them with regulatory/policy in-put on key files.
- Engage with a wide range of external stakeholders (government, policy institutions, NGOs and sector partners etc.) and represent the company in sustainability initiatives and programmes.
- Reflect Samsung’s policy priorities in membership-based association working groups (e.g. DigitalEurope).
About the Experience and skills
Samsung is looking for an experienced EU regulatory affairs professional with the following background and experience:
- Masters’ degree in law, political science, international relations, economics preferably with a focus on Sustainability policies, with any other relevant academic qualification to be considered;
- At least 5-6 years of relevant, professional experience working with a company, consultancy or similar EU work environment;
- Experience in or strong affinity with the International and EU regulatory agenda on topics such as product-related regulation, ecodesign and other topics at the intersection of technology and sustainability;
- Ability to anticipate, grasp and quickly assess regulatory developments;
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships and achieving consensus;
- Strong cross-cultural work experience with colleagues, partners and/or clients from non-EU backgrounds, with experience of working with East Asian/Korean corporates to be considered a significant asset.
In terms of skills, the preferred candidate is going to bring along the following:
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills tailored for different audiences and levels of seniority;
- Full professional proficiency in English (ideally native level). Strong command of other EU languages is an asset;
- A positive can-do attitude and ability to adapt to fast-changing environment;
- Strong organisational, planning skills and pragmatic problem-solving approach;
- Outgoing and driven team player.
About the Offer
- Contribute to the development and regulation of products in Europe for one of the most successful global tech companies, and generate a direct policy and business impact;
- Join a dynamic and experienced team in a role where you will have high external exposure and great networking opportunities with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Work across key topics on behalf of a new technology and innovation market leader that develops cutting edge products;
- Competitive salary package and benefits.
About the Application
Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending their CV and cover letter to Sergey Golyshin at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Beren Kiraz at email@example.com indicating ‘Senior Manager – EU Environmental Regulatory Affairs’ in the subject line.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible with applications to be processed on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies, and become recognised as one of the top global brands. The company’s network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive its growth.
Samsung Electronics provides an Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.