Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes Allianz a unique employer. Together you can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for customers and the world around us.
Are you keen on driving innovation? Do you thrive in a culture of diversity, collaboration and trust? Then let’s care for tomorrow. At Allianz SE, you can count on having a voice, driving innovation and change and making an impact – for us, yourself and the world.
For more about Allianz SE, click here.
The role of the Senior Manager EU Affairs – Asset Management (‘Senior Manager’) is to strengthen the presence and advocacy of the Allianz Group’s Asset Management business in Brussels.
The Senior Manager conveys Allianz Group’s voice into the policy debate and legislative process, leveraging on a deep understanding of content matters, key legislative processes, and the entire dynamic of political advocacy and consensus building processes in close alignment with senior public affairs representatives from Allianz Asset Management and Allianz Global Investors.
The Senior Manager will also liaise closely with the insurance business of Allianz.
- Proven excellence in establishing and maintaining working relationships both with internal and external counterparts, including a strong existing and well-routed network with relevant asset management stakeholders in the EU capital.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience with a broad and effective knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions and the EU’s institutional set-up, preferably gained from field experience.
- Professional experience in the Financial Services area; thorough understanding of and experience in Asset Management.
- University level education, preferably a master’s degree in economics, law, business administration or political science.
- Strong ability to acquire, structure and present political intelligence of relevance to Allianz, gathered through a variety of innovative and established channels, both formal and informal.
- Proven ability to multi-task and problem solving, decision making combined with capacity to take the initiative as well as to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, multicultural awareness and confidence in interacting in international settings.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in contributing to the policy debate in circles and meetings.
- Excellent command of written English. A working knowledge of German and French would be an asset.
- Regulatory experience in a corporate organization would be a plus.
Why you should be interested in this position:
- Individual and Excellent career development opportunities/plans.
- Family friendly working environment .
- Health & well-being offerings.
- Company pension & health insurance.
- Multi-national, diverse and inclusive community.
- Opportunity to make an impact on Allianz sustainability initiatives.
Allianz Group supports Ukrainian and Russian job-seeking refugees looking for a new job – your applications are welcome!
The successful candidate will be required to live in Brussels and the contract will be governed by Belgian law.
The Senior Manager is expected to travel, inter alia, to Frankfurt and Munich as needed.
Allianz believes in a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Allianz encourages you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
Allianz therefore welcomes applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.