The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) is one of the most prominent civil society organisations active in health policy at European level. EPF is the umbrella organisation of patient organisations across the EU and a driving force to advance patient empowerment and involvement in EU health policy debates. EPF’s vision is to ensure equitable access to high-level, patient-centred care for all patients in Europe.
EPF engages in policy advocacy and campaigning and participates in EU-funded projects. We organise educational and policy events, and capacity-building initiatives.
EPF was founded in 2003 and is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation with a secretariat based in Brussels. EPF currently represents 75 members, which are national coalitions of patient organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level. We reflect the collective voice of the estimated 150 million patients living with various chronic diseases throughout Europe. For more information see www.eu-patient.eu
Supporting the Director of Operations, the EPF Senior Finance Officer will carry out the financial operations of EPF.
- Prepare the annual budgeting by supporting the planning process with the Director of Operations, Executive Director, Secretariat and Board.
- Support the Director of Operations / Secretariat in the preparation of the annual accounts, working closely with the external accountant and external auditor; • Support Programme team on project budgets and reporting.
- Support the Director of Operations to develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
- First contact for external auditors on EU projects, supporting Programme team to ensure EU projects are audited and a CFS (certified financial statement) is submitted with a final report when necessary.
- Budget and report use of funds to sponsors upon request
- Support the Director of Operations in monitoring and reviewing financial compliance policies
- Leads the EPF Finance Task Force when needed
- Supports the management of the Patient Access Partnership (PACT) finances in line with requests from the Secretary General of PACT
Regular financial administration:
- Process accounts receivable (invoices) and accounts payable expense claims (including electronic archiving) in line with internal procedures, liaising closely with the external accountant.
- Prepare and approve payments in electronic bank account.
- Prepare requests for payments/ Invoices.
- Pay salaries.
- Monitor the EPF credit card and AMEX virtual travel card ‘Airplus’ (with the Events Officer).
- Monitor completion of monthly timesheets.
- First point of contact with ING Bank on all issues
- Management of financial documents in line with EPF procedures
- Other tasks to advance the effectiveness and efficiency of EPF as an organisation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- A degree in financial management or professional qualification.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in working within an NGO environment, managing public grants, EU project funding.
- Demonstrable knowledge of general and analytical accounting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Proven commitment to high professional ethical standards and diversity and learning in the workplace.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English. French is desirable.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint and database tools.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Demonstrable commitment to the vision and the mission of EPF.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- All team members
- EPF President, Vice-President and Treasurer
- EPF Board
- EPF Member organisations
WHAT EPF OFFERS
- A friendly, dynamic, and multi-cultural team and international working environment
- An opportunity to gain hands-on experience on EU health policy and advocacy work working for a highly respected organisation
- Part-time open-ended contract (60%) with the possibility to evolve to a full-time position
- A monthly gross salary of between €3000-3200/month for a full-time position & depending on experience, coupled with various benefits: lunch vouchers, end of year bonus, transportation offered in line with our internal policy, health care (hospitalisation and ambulatory care), pension insurance, Working from Home indemnity offered in line with our internal policy.
Diversity & Inclusion
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline Friday 17th of September 2021.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible