Mavence is the global executive search & talent solutions partner specializing in public affairs. We are looking for an experienced, freelance Public Affairs expert to join our multinational team of Mavens to help build and grow our dedicated Belgian practice.
Our approach is defined by credibility: our expert consultants all come from the Public Affairs field and maintain active clients, campaigns, and projects in addition to their recruitment portfolios. With robust and multifaceted engagement as our norm, we create a uniquely plugged-in ecosystem for search projects and a truly peer-to-peer model of insight, access, and responsiveness – for Public Affairs professionals, by Public Affairs professionals.
As a Senior Advisor within our team, you can expect to act as a trusted advisor and sparring partner for clients and candidates, responsible for guiding or managing every step of the recruitment search, evaluation, and hiring process alongside our seasoned team.
As the point-person for establishing a dedicated Belgian practice, you can also expect to exercise significant autonomy and to have the opportunity to build a robust market presence from the ground up, leveraging your own expertise, network, and strategic decision–making skills to truly own and shape an ambitious project.
The higher level of responsibility doesn’t mean you have to go it alone, however – we offer a well-established structure and tailored guidance for business development leads as well as support and training for all our consultants to help them thrive as recruiters and talent scouts, from interview techniques, the recruitment process, candidate- and client-management, and more.
As part of the team, you can expect to:
- Identify the HR needs of prospects and clients from a cross-section of Public Affairs organisations (associations, companies, firms, NGOs, think tanks, etc.)
- Actively lead in business development opportunities and outreach to establish and grow a Belgian market presence
- Identify and approach specific talents meeting tailored profiles and reflecting client needs
- Evaluate the suitability and motivation of talents
- Select candidates for our clients and support both parties through the recruitment process
- Manage offers and negotiate directly with clients and candidates
- Follow up post-engagement to ensure the quality and smooth running of the engagement once the candidate is in place
- Excellent knowledge of the public affairs environment and operational knowledge of regional and federal legislative and political influence process
- A well-developed network within Belgian public affairs
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English, French and Dutch
- An autonomous and self-starter attitude, with the ability to manage accounts and deal with the unexpected
- Appreciation for a good challenge, and a strong dose of resilience
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to be part of a booming company with dedicated, passionate, and dynamic people
- The chance to lead in the development of a new market offering, and to bring new solutions to a new range of players in the PA field
- A place within a fun and personal team
- A unique complement to your Public Affairs experience, leveraging your expertise from a different perspective of the sector
- Seasoned and diverse colleagues to exchange with and learn from in the talent hunting business.
Applications are to be sent to Anna Koj (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jason Descamps (Jason.email@example.com), with a reference to “Belgian Practice” in the subject line or heading.