The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA), based in Brussels, is looking for a Regulatory Policy Advisor with relevant experience in distribution of financial products, investor protection and/or client disclosures to strengthen its Regulatory Policy Team.
EFAMA, the European Fund and Asset Management Association, is the voice of the EUR 27tn European investment management industry. As a trade association, EFAMA’s role is to promote the interests of its members and raise awareness of the importance of the services and solutions they provide.
Key responsibilities and role
You will be part of EFAMA’s Regulatory Policy Team which is responsible for:
- Monitoring the developments in the EU and international regulatory environment likely to have a significant impact on the industry and analysing their possible impact on members
- Developing common policy positions among EFAMA’s members and coordinating the association’s policy and advocacy work on a wide range of topics
- Engaging in a constructive dialogue with policy-makers and regulators to represent the views of EFAMA’s members and promote sensible regulation and fair competition conditions for the industry, and participate in various events to actively promote the views of the industry
- Building and maintaining a network of trusted relationships within EU authorities and other public and private organisations
- Evaluating the results of EFAMA’s actions, reporting to the members in a timely manner and drawing lessons for the future
- Engaging with the media to present EFAMA’s positions and activities (i.e. media interview and speaking opportunities in events)
Your role will consist in monitoring, analysing and engaging on issues relating to investor protection rules, the distribution of funds and the necessary disclosures to clients (MiFID, PRIIPs, IDD, etc.). You will be coordinating the work of EFAMA’s Distribution and Client Disclosures Standing Committee and working closely with members to develop common positions on key regulatory files. In this role, you will develop position papers and responses to consultations and you will be responsible for EFAMA engagement activities with policy makers to present members’ views. You will also be asked to present the industry’s positioning on key topics through media interviews and speaking opportunities in events and with policy makers.
- Master’s university degree in Law, European studies, Economics (or other relevant area), with a minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant professional experience
- Demonstrable professional experience in the field of sustainable finance/corporate governance and good understanding of its policy context
- Ability to quickly absorb and synthetise complex information
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, result-oriented, creative and enthusiastic
- Strong team spirit and inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentational
- Native-level English speaker
- An understanding of the EU’s policy-making process and/or of the investment management industry is a distinct advantage
- An international working environment with a leading European trade association
- Opportunities to grow, take initiatives and work with a young and ambitious team
- Stimulating work focusing on issues of great economic and social significance
- An attractive remuneration package (incl. fringe benefits) commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please note that this recruitment process is exclusively managed by MAVENCE.
Candidates are asked to send their CV and cover letter to Anna Koj and Clara Jorgensen at email@example.com with the following subject line: Regulatory Policy Advisor (distribution, investor protection and client disclosures).
Deadline for applications: The position is open until filled. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected, at which time the recruitment will be closed.