The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA), based in Brussels, is looking for a Regulatory Policy Adviser (m/f) with relevant experience in asset management companies regulation to strengthen its regulatory team.
EFAMA is the voice of the European investment management industry. Its membership consists of 28 national associations, 58 corporate members and 24 associate members.
You will be part of the Association’s Regulatory Policy Team. The team is responsible for:
- Monitoring the developments in the EU and international regulatory environment likely to have a significant impact on the EU investment management industry and alerting members at the earliest possible stage
- Analysing the possible impacts of these developments, facilitating exchanges of views and fostering the development of common positions among our members
- Engaging in a constructive dialogue with policy-makers and regulators to represent the views of our members and promote sensible regulation and fair competition conditions for the industry
- Evaluating the results of our actions, reporting to our members in a timely manner and drawing lessons for the future.
Your role will consist in:
- Monitoring EU initiatives in your area of competence, with a particular focus on core EU regulations applicable to asset management companies (AIFMD, UCITS, IFD/IFR, DORA, AML, among others) as well as policy initiatives relating to the systemic relevance and financial stability of the asset management sector.
- Work closely with EFAMA members and industry representatives to identify priorities, develop robust industry positions and draft appropriate narratives.
- Build and maintain a network of trusted relationships within EU authorities and other public and private organisations.
- Engage with EU policymakers and regulators at various levels to represent the interests of the industry and contribute to inform the legislative debate
- Participate in various events to actively promote the views of the organisation.
- University degree in Law, European studies, Economics/Finance/Business or other relevant area,
- Solid first demonstrable professional experience in the field of asset management companies regulation, including aspects related to supervision, financial stability, operational resilience (e.g. cybersecurity) and AML.
- An understanding of the EU’s policy-making process and/or of the investment management industry is a distinct advantage
- Ability to quickly absorb and synthetise complex information
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, result-oriented, creative and enthusiastic
- Strong team spirit and inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentational
- Native-level English speaker
- An international working environment with a leading European trade association
- Opportunities to grow, take initiatives and work with a young and ambitious team
- Stimulating work focusing on issues of great economic and social significance
- An attractive remuneration package (incl. fringe benefits) commensurate with qualifications and experience
Deadline for applications: Friday 14 May 2021.
The position is open until filled. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected; at which time the recruitment will be closed. Please further note that only duly completed applications (CV + motivation letter) will be considered.