ACE provides a European platform for beverage carton manufacturers and their paperboard suppliers to benchmark and profile cartons as renewable, recyclable and low carbon packaging solutions. Engaging with stakeholders and partners seeking high environmental stewardship, it contributes expertise to EU policy, legislation and standard-setting.
ACE members include beverage carton producers Tetra Pak, SIG Combibloc and Elopak, who develop, manufacture and market systems for the packaging and distribution of food and produce packaging material at 20 plants in Europe. Most of the paperboard used by ACE members in beverage cartons in Europe is produced by Stora Enso and BillerudKorsnäs, who are also members of ACE.
ACE is currently looking to engage a Regulatory Affairs Manager to support ACE representation and advocacy activity at EU level on key regulatory issues affecting the beverage carton industry, by facilitating the development of ACE positions and messages in collaboration with company members and other stakeholders.
The ACE Regulatory Affairs Manager supports the implementation of the ACE strategy and Operating Plan in order to meet the objectives as set by the Board.
Key internal relationships:
The Regulatory Affairs Manager reports directly to the Director General, manages the various ACE working groups and liaises regularly with ACE members both national associations and corporate members.
1. Monitoring EU policy and regulatory developments and positioning
- Monitor and analyze key EU policy and regulatory developments, relevant to the beverage carton industry
- Identifies upcoming issues via its network, monitoring, press and other sources
- Advises members on potential regulatory impact on business
2. Managing ACE working groups
- Manage and co-ordinate ACE working group activities
- Prepare briefings, meetings and meeting documents, consolidate comments, write minutes
- Draft position papers and positioning documents relevant for the industry
- Manage and co-ordinate work with external organizations (industry, NGOs etc.)
3. Supporting ACE representation towards EU institutions and stakeholders
- Ensure a regular exchange of information with membership; collect and update of data to support ACE advocacy campaigns
- Correspond and meet with representatives of the EU institutions and other stakeholders
- Develop an active and industry relevant network, in close collaboration with DG and Advocacy/Communication manager
- Represent ACE at formal meetings of trade associations and EU institutions, engaging membership
Ideal candidate profile
- Around 5 years of experience within a trade association, consultancy or similar EU work environment.
- Solid understanding of the decision-making process in the EU and in the various decision bodies affecting regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of EU procedures.
- Ideally knowledge of the packaging industry; familiarity with policy files focusing on packaging, food contact, waste management, sustainability would be a plus.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Independent and keen to take on ownership at work
- Keen to work in a small team with a flat hierarchy
- Strong communicator; able to relate at any level
- Good level of cross-cultural experience
- Strong collaboration skills, able to collaborate across industries and organisations and build consensus
- Proactive, networker, a positive can-do attitude and hands-on mentality
Why you should be interested in this opportunity:
- Interesting and challenging opportunity to have a great impact on the EU regulation currently being at the core of the EU policy-making;
- Excellent opportunity to work in a European association with growing international and global project portfolio and aspirations
- You will have high level exposure not only to ACE members, but also to broader audiences with public speaking opportunities and great perspectives for networking;
- You will be working for a serious organisation with high working standards;
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.