GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is the umbrella organisation of pharmaceutical full-line wholesalers and healthcare distributors in Europe. GIRP has a vacancy for a full-time person, based in the GIRP office in Brussels.
Duties will cover aspects ranging from administration to policy development.
- Supporting the association and members with implementation of EU-level regulations in healthcare.
- Monitoring of relevant healthcare related dossiers and preparation of documentation such as drafting position papers, letters and other materials.
- Administering technical level meetings of the association (agendas, meeting documents, presentations, minutes, consultations, position papers, etc.).
- Providing general assistance to the members of the association (dealing with requests) and responding to external requests for information.
- Preparation and assistance with the conceptual development of conference, meetings, and events.
- Preparation of presentations for the officers of association presenting at conferences.
- Preparation of communications materials (newsletters, flyers, brochures, reports, etc…).
- Screening and reporting on developments in the European and global pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical full-line wholesaling sectors.
- Other ad-hoc duties related to the effective functioning of the secretariat of the association.
- Previous experience in healthcare policies or in a similar position.
- A demonstrable interest / experience in healthcare, business and pharmaceutical issues.
- Ability to contribute to policy developments connected with the association.
- Able to carry out administrative tasks and duties.
- English native speaker level and, ideally, excellent command of German; other European languages will be an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail is a fundamental requirement for the position.
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative.
- The individual must be able to work independently.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in MS Office (with particularly strong skills in PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent communications skills.