GIGAEurope is an industry organisation that brings together private operators who build, operate and invest in the gigabit communications networks that enable Europe’s digital connectivity. Our members offer world-class products and services, including converged fixed and mobile communications. GIGAEurope members collectively provide connectivity services to over 40 million fixed broadband customers and 130 million mobile customers spanning across Europe.
Why Work for GIGAEurope
This is an opportunity to join one of the most dynamic industries within the digital ecosystem – the connectivity industry. And it gives you the chance to shape the organisation and propel its growth at what is truly the most exciting time to join GIGAEurope. You will be part of a team who is motivated to make a difference to the benefit of its members and a variety of external stakeholders. You will work in an international and dynamic environment on a wide diversity of European topics, while having the space for personal development.
Job Purpose Summary
Responsible for the development and implementation of the public policy strategy of the organisation. Enhance the organisation’s visibility, reputation and image as a strong and respected voice of the connectivity industry.
- Advocate GIGAEurope’s views and work with political bodies, policymakers and non-governmental organisations on policy issues
- Draft position papers, contributions to consultations and any other public policy documents
- Build and maintain an extensive and active external network and work with trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other policy influencers to promote and build support for GIGAEurope
- Engage proactively with policy makers and influencers to highlight GIGAEurope’s impact on the European economy
- Represent GIGAEurope externally to EU policymakers and other key external stakeholders and build positive relationships with key influencers
- Actively monitor relevant policy and regulatory proposals and formulate strategies to help shape outcomes
- Identify topics and objectives for new policy studies to support specific public policy objectives
- Support digital communication by contributing to the organisation’s website, social media and newsletters
- Provide regulatory and public policy support to online and offline events
- Coordinate public policy activities with the association’s members and external stakeholders, leading GIGAEurope’s working groups and participating to external working groups
Skills and personality
- 4-7 years of experience in the European digital or tech policy space, having strong knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative process
- Solid understanding of the European regulatory framework and strong grasp of technology and business trends in the telecoms and media industry
- Law bachelor’s degree or master’s degree desirable
- Ability to drive and manage policy files and regulatory engagement
- Excellent written and spoken English, other European languages desirable
- Experience producing briefing docs, consultation responses and white papers
- Keen interest in writing and ability to translate complex issues into accessible and compelling material
- Excellent communication, research and project management skills
- Result-oriented, proactive team-player with strong diplomatic and social skills
- Self-driven with a positive outlook, a clear focus on high quality, creativity and flexibility
- Independent and accountable
- Ability to juggle different tasks at the same time and to respect deadlines, able to respond to urgent issues when needed
The contract will have an unlimited duration. The assignment will start as soon as possible. The gross salary is in line with that of a Brussels-based trade association, on the basis of a full-time job of 39 hours per week.