With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries the Group aspires to become the best global insurer as measured by the amount of shareholders, customers and employees.
To do so, Zurich Insurance is currently looking for a Public Affairs Specialist to join the Group’s Government and Political Affairs team. This position is based in Brussels, Belgium and will work alongside the Head of Public Affairs EMEA.
As a member of the Group Government and Political Affairs team you will be part of an effort to build long-lasting relationships with external (governmental) stakeholders and institutions. You will be contributing to raising Zurich Insurance’ profile by supporting strategic public policy initiatives across Europe with a focus on European Union institutions in Brussels. With a profound interest in politics and skilled in networking, you will ensure visibility on policy trends by closely monitoring and assessing EU decision-making progress.
- Contribute to establishing and strengthening the external network with EU policymakers and other external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to position Zurich as a thought leader within the sector
- Support execution of advocacy activities, such as designing stakeholder engagement plans
- Steering strategic networking and political insight by continuously engaging with the EU institutions and other key stakeholders in Brussels
- Monitoring and analysis of key policy themes from a wide range of data sources in order to identify how different scenarios may impact upon the business
- Preparation of policy documents and responses to consultation documents, and reviews material ahead of trade organization meetings, in collaboration with relevant business functions
- Drafting of public policy communications and internal briefings
- University degree with a master degree being an asset
- Proven, initial work experience on financial services, insurance, sustainable finance or any other related field
- Experience of working with EU Institution/the EU microcosm, with a feel for navigating the EU affairs world
- Good understanding of current financial services topics including sustainable finance and digital transformation
- Somebody who would be comfortable serving as a spokesperson for the Group
- Pro-active and strong networker
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Zurich Insurance offers an international, entrepreneurial, stimulating and informal working environment, professional growth and development opportunities
- You will operate as one of the Group’s main representatives towards EU institutions and stakeholders (externally), and serve as a valued expert on EU affairs within the Group, regularly working across the corporate hierarchy (vertically and horizontally)
- Salary package, including bonus scheme and other perks
- Flexible working arrangement
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter to Sergey Golyshin, Senior Consultant at Mavence – email@example.com
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.