About the Role
Edenred designs and develops solutions in order to foster wellbeing of employees and performance of companies and institutions in 46 countries in the world. Such paper or electronic social vouchers are implemented with a specific purpose matching with public authorities’ needs and objectives while covering a wide range of policies. Mainly over the last 10 years, Edenred has expanded its activities in the vehicle ecosystem with various fleet & mobility solutions (for fuel, toll, maintenance and any other business mobility needs). The Group offers a wide range of value-added services enabling customers to efficiently manage their fleet and optimize their mobility budgets.
The Public Affairs Manager – Fleet & Mobility will develop a global PA action in this ecosystem and will be responsible for its implementation, mostly in Europe and in Latin America, especially Mexico and Brazil. He/She will also assist the Fleet & Mobility business units in the world in the definition of their action plan in order to identify, understand and assess the key regulatory issues especially linked to mobility, payment, digital, tax and sustainable development. The Public Affairs Manager – Fleet & Mobility will set priorities, and, wherever possible, turn regulatory challenges into opportunities over both the short and long term. He/She will also mobilize to work collaboratively with government bodies, NGOs and regulators, as well as all the stakeholders who are involved in the activity, i.e. trade unions, trade associations, academia, think tanks, civil society groups, as well as international organizations representations.
The Public Affairs Manager – Fleet & Mobility will be part of the Fleet & Mobility Corporate Department and will report to the Group Public Affairs Director, and functionally to the Fleet & Mobility COO. He/She will be part of the Executive Committee of the business line Fleet&Mobility.
Responsible for monitoring and analyzing public institutions actions and policy plans more specifically in the field of payment, taxation and sustainability related to mobility, you will also provide internal forecasts of the possible effects of such policies on Edenred activities.
- Apart from monitoring legislative files of interest for Edenred, you will manage drafting positions and answers to consultations, designing adapted tools and supporting documents, mapping relevant stakeholders and developing the PA network.
- You will support in establishing regular contact with politicians, political advisers, regulators and other stakeholders of the ecosystem (industry associations notably); organizing and participating in regular meetings with these stakeholders. For instance, and as non-exhaustive list, you will:
– Maintain the deductibility of taxes linked to invoicing through the fuel card / monedero in Mexico and analyze similar opportunities in other countries
– Exchange on the current framework linked to commuting in Brazil and in the European Union to optimize it and open a way to a more scalable offer from Edenred
– Participate to the toll package in the EU and its application in the Member States; as well as in Brazil and in Mexico
– Focus on the VAT treatment in the EU and analyze further opportunities in other regions
– Follow the Payment Services directives in Europe and Brazil; as well as the Fintech framework in Mexico
– Follow the Eco taxes and Environment-friendly directives that should foster green mobility to make sure that they are aligned with our interests
In general, some risks exist today and need to be taken care of / anticipated and properly defended, but the topics are mostly opportunities on which we need somebody with a strong analytical capacity and a strong drive in order to push them forward.
Experience and background:
- You have proven experience in working in public policy, public affairs, or political ecosystem in the past 10 years which ascertains intelligence in managing efficiently public affairs actions and plans.
- English compulsory; Spanish, Portuguese, German or French would be an asset.
- Strong interest in institutional affairs and strategic communication; and in mobility and transport;
- Proven research skills and experience in drafting policy documents and reports, and ability to translate complex scientific concepts for the public and policymakers;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as consensus building skills;
- Reliable, creative and strongly solution-minded;
- Organizational, planning and time-management skills;
- Hands-on, collaborative / team-player and strong drive;
- Autonomous and self-motivated.
Relevant applications based on seniority and experience should be sent to Mavence France, which is Edenred’s exclusive partner for this assignment.
Point of contact for applicants:
Jason Descamps, CEO at Jason.email@example.com
Deadline: 16 June