The German Public Affairs & Association Management Practice of Denton’s Global Advisors Interel Group, an award-winning consultancy, is looking to recruit a dynamic and motivated Public Affairs Specialist to serve the needs of growing client base in Berlin, in particular for clients active within the fields of:
- Energy & Environment
- Technology & Digital Topics
- Mobility & Transport
- Financial Services
Seniority: Consultant/Senior Consultant/Director
In August 2021, Interel Public Affairs and Dentons Global Advisors have taken the decision to pool their experts, clientele and expertise on different public affairs markets to create an agency that is capable of delivering a global impact with excellence.
Now, DGA Interel are looking for new, experienced team members to support the growing team and the influx of new clients and deliver policy expertise and business acumen not only to the diverse range of existing and future clients, but also to peers across the agency network.
- Design strategic public affairs strategies/political campaigns for a wide range of corporate clients active in both Germany and the EU
- Advise corporate and association clients on their strategy, management and modi operandi with regards to German and/or EU public affairs
- Navigate Berlin’s political microcosm to identify and anticipate political trends
- Operate as the go-to advisor on your policy area of interest
- Lead on day-to-day management of different corporate client accounts
- Provide analyses, strategic recommendations and implement client projects taking into account broader business implications
- Produce written materials, such as policy papers, press releases, presentations, client review documents, etc.
- Take ownership of deliverables and ensure that client objectives are reached
- Contribute to developing new client relationships and expanding existing client accounts
- University degree or equivalent
- Prior professional experience in public affairs, political work or communications, with previous consultancy experience is an asset
- Expertise in and passion for national/EU policy and their formation is required, especially with regards to one of the following: Energy & Environment, Technology & Digital Topics, Mobility & Transport, Financial Services
- Understanding of political decision-making and advocacy work
- A Berlin-based network, which may span some of the following: ministries, assistants/heads of cabinet of Members of the Bundestag, political parties etc.
- Native or near-native level of German with a strong level of English proficiency
- Understanding of managing client accounts and taking ownership of day-to-day delivery of client projects
- A team player, who enjoys working in international teams and appreciates the value of teamwork
- Open-mind, critical thinking, respect for others and calm in stressful situations are essential
- A full-time contract as part of a diverse and multicultural team of consultants
- A comprehensive salary package including a range of benefits
- An exciting job with some of your future clients being market leaders within their area of work
- Extensive access to training and other professional development opportunities
- A pleasant and challenging working environment
How to Apply:
Candidates are asked to send their applications, consisting of CV and cover letter or a brief introduction to email@example.com
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.