About the Association
The EOSC Association (EOSC-A) was established in July 2020 as an international non-profit Association (AISBL) in Belgium. With already over 230 member and observer organisations from across Europe, the Association represents a single voice for the advocacy and representation for the broader EOSC Stakeholder community in Europe, promoting alignment of EU research policy and priorities. An essential role of the Association is to continuously develop the EOSC Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) which will influence future EOSC activities at institutional, national and EU level.
About the position
The EOSC Association expects to be actively involved in the implementation of EU-funded projects which will be awarded under Horizon Europe, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The role will also involve the participation in developing future proposals and projects.
The Project Manager / Grants will be part of the Secretariat, which advises and supports the General Assembly and the Board and coordinates the implementation of their decisions and will be reporting to the Secretary General.
- Set-up of project consortia and strategic partnerships.
- Content development incl. copy writing.
- Preparation of administrative documents and budget negotiations.
- Set-up, up-date, and maintenance of general documents collection needed for EOSC-A grant applications.
- Ensuring the timely submission of proposals to funding agencies and/or project
- Timely delivery of all administrative and legal documents necessary in the Grant preparation phase (Declarations, legal agreements, contracts, accession forms etc.).
- Set-up and negotiation of Consortium agreements.
- Supporting the Project Coordinator in delivering the project(s);
- Ensuring project progress through regular monitoring and engaging with project beneficiaries.
- Preparing and facilitating of project meetings (General Assembly, Steering Board, external Advisory Boards etc.).
- Financial management incl. budget tracking through monthly cost control reports;
- Ensuring the timely and complete delivery of requested project and financial reporting.
- Preparation of project financial audit and archiving of administrative/financial documents.
In addition, the Project Manager / Grants is expected to support the work of the EOSC-A Task Forces, when needed and contribute to the day-to-day tasks within the Association.
Your skills set and expertise:
- Proven knowledge of EU framework programmes, in particular Horizon Europe
- Experience in the administration of EU framework programme projects
- Strong collaboration and networking skills
- Ability to be flexible and to function effectively under pressure
- Experience in working in an international environment is essential
- Excellent oral and written command of English is a prerequisite
- Relevant work experience from a similar role.
- Academic degree in subject relevant to the portfolio of the tasks. A background in
- Economics, Finance or Business Administration degree will be regarded as an asset
- Experience in the management of EU framework programme projects.
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and the decision-making processes, as well as policy areas relevant to the topic such as Research and Innovation, Open Science, the Digital Single Market.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Capacity to learn and evolve with the job and the needs of the organisation.
- Legal entitlement to work in Belgium.
- Assertive with partners and collaborators.
- Committed to meeting deadlines.
- Paying high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated, objective driven with ability to work autonomously and in a team
What EOSC offers
This is an opportunity to work with an extremely motivated, broad, and diverse scientific community that is paving the way to Open Science. You will interact with decision makers within the community, the EU institutions and on member state level and will contribute to enabling impactful science in the digital age.
They offer a permanent position in their newly established office in Brussels. Diversity is a core value of their organization.
How to apply
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at firstname.lastname@example.org. indicating ‘EOSC-Project Manager’ in the subject line.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.