VVA Brussels is a fast-growing policy and market consultancy providing top quality advice to the European institutions and private sector clients. It is a truly European company, part of a group based in Brussels and Milan with a team of professionals from different academic and national backgrounds.
VVA is motivated by its mission to progress the “European project” by helping its clients:
- anticipate change;
- design public policy responses;
- understand how the EU can improve the lives of Europeans, support our businesses and transform our economy and society; and
- communicate decisions and actions to key stakeholders.
The Internal Market & Consumers Team (IMC) has a high-profile, expanding project portfolio including for the European Commission and its agencies across range of policy issues such as SMEs & entrepreneurship, industry & sustainability, cluster collaboration, (digital) access to information, consumer empowerment & awareness & safety. It currently runs projects and framework contracts for DG GROW, DG JUST, EISMEA, EP IMCO and ITRE committees and others.
The team’s success is due to excellent consultants and researchers, and the company is now looking to strengthen the team further with the appointment of a Principal Consultant who will be focusing on qualitative and quantitative policy research and analysis.
VVA is looking for experienced Principal Consultant(s) – motivated individual(s) who will contribute to leading and developing the core business of VVA in the area of internal market and consumers, in line with the company’s vision, mission and values. As Principal Consultant you will:
- Manage complex projects, develop methodologies and deliver evidence-based outputs on time and to the satisfaction of VVA’s public policy clients;
- Contribute to the development of VVA’s business activity by identifying opportunities and developing winning proposals;
- Lead proposals and research consortia, develop budgets and ensure project profitability;
- Provide intellectual & methodological leadership in projects and proposals;
- Contribute to the leadership and growth of the team by bringing fresh and innovative ideas;
- Encourage collaboration and mutual learning across team members;
- Contribute to the internal training programme and help to develop junior team members.
- Experience in managing large and complex research projects from inception to completion;
- Ability to lead large multidisciplinary and multicultural teams involving partners, experts, and internal teams;
- Experience in writing and winning competitive bids for public-sector clients;
- Ability to foster talents of colleagues at VVA by leading by example and fostering opportunities to learn and grow;
- Ability to write and communicate with clients, partners, experts, and colleagues in excellent English;
- Sectoral expertise in internal market and/or consumer topics, such as SMEs & entrepreneurship, sustainable industry, digital markets, consumer empowerment & awareness & safety;
- Good knowledge of the EU Better Regulation Guidelines methodologies for evaluations and impact assessments;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Experience in public policy consultancy and project management;
- A relevant master’s degree.
The following additional experiences and skills are not a must but will be considered an asset:
- Established network of partners and experts whom you will be able to activate from day one to win, manage and deliver diverse public policy projects;
- Proven track record in leading and growing a multidisciplinary team in a public policy consultancy or similar.
All VVA professionals are strongly oriented to problem solving, goal achievement and client satisfaction and show a strong basis of leadership. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset and feels at ease in a dynamic company oriented to growth into innovative domains.