Founded in 1950, the UIP – International Union of Wagon Keepers, with its seat in Brussels, is the umbrella association of national associations from fourteen European countries, representing more than 200 freight wagon keepers and ECMs with more than 210,000 freight wagons, performing 50 % of the rail freight tonne-kilometres throughout Europe. The UIP represents the members’ concerns at the international level. By means of research, lobbying and focused cooperation with all stakeholders and organisations interested in rail freight transportation, the UIP wants to secure on the long term the future of rail freight transport.
- Write press releases, publications, position papers, drive press campaigns and plan communication activities.
- Prepare statements, presentations, talking points, speeches, materials and documents about key initiatives in a consistent format
- Implement processes to effectively and proactively communicate on UIP’s activities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with journalists and specialised press
- Administer website and contribute to the content
- Manage social media and other relevant on-line tools
- Plan appropriate and original PR campaigns
- Prepare, coordinate and organise events
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in (ideally) Journalism, Public Relations, Mass communication or related field of study
- Preferred 3-7 years of experience in the field of communications, preferably for the EU institutions and/or the transportation/logistic industry
- Advanced oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English and in German (the latter would be a differentiating asset)
- Ability to distill large quantities of information into meaningful messages and interesting stories for diverse audiences.
- Editing and creative skills
- Attention to detail, problem solving, organizational, & analytical skills
- Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress CMS
- Familiarity with social media Twitter and LinkedIn
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written/graphic and oral instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers and to perform responsibilities without the necessity of close supervision
- Positive attitude
- The opportunity to transform the role into a full-time commitment
- Joining a diverse team of EU affairs professionals and experts
- Occasional international travel
- Starting date as soon as possible
- A comprehensive compensation package, including the following benefits on a pro-rata basis:
- Holidays: 10 paid public holidays per year. When the holiday takes place on a weekend day, the employee is free to take up this day whenever he prefers within the calendar year.
- Vacation: 25 days a year (when the employee has worked in a full-time regime the previous year) + office closed over Christmas and new year
- Meal vouchers: Value of 8 €
- Transportation allowance: full costs reimbursement of public transport (yearly travel pass) for travel between home and work.
- Flex time and telework: All salaried employees have the flexibility to manage their own working time and the opportunity to occasionally work from home or outside the offices