Porter Novelli is a global purpose communications consultancy born from the idea that the art of communication can advance society. More than 45 years ago the firm opened its doors – and people’s eyes and minds – for brands driven to make a positive impact. Today, they are convinced that organisations must find, live and tell their purpose in order to thrive. Porter Novelli Brussels is the European hub for many of the agency’s international clients, for whom they specialize in corporate, consumer, healthcare and food & nutrition communications. But it’s Porter Novelli’speople that really make the difference: they are a passionate, diverse, authentic group of professionals that value fierce collaboration, embracing imagination, standing up for the right idea liberating greatness, smarts and fun in their colleagues.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop a solid understanding of clients’ business and challenges to be able to provide value-added strategic and issues communications counsel and contribute to designing effective communications strategies.
- Create content for different audiences and communications channels, from policy briefs, to press releases, talking points, infographics, but also for websites, and social media channels.
- Lead and coordinate creative projects working with account and creative teams for the design and production of print and digital marketing materials.
Required Skills and Experience
- Higher education in European Studies or similar and ideally also in communications or in an agricultural science-related discipline.
- A passionate communicator with relevant professional experience, ideally in a mix of policy, public affairs and communications roles in a trade association, an agency or consultancy.
- A good understanding of the EU policy-making process and have some experience with agri-food and crop protection dossiers and are able to develop and advise on appropriate EU stakeholder engagement strategies in Brussels and EU Member States.
- A native or near native German speaker with excellent English skills (ideally at bilingual level).
- Willingness and interest in getting to grips with at times highly technical and/or regulatory topics, research and acquire the necessary background knowledge on the job where necessary and can translate these complex matters into easy-to-understand and clear language.
- Experience in drafting factual and concise advocacy and communication materials in English language and you can adapt your copywriting skills to suit different target audiences and channels.
- Strong organizational skills, being able to handle pressure and manage multiple competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and highest level of quality.
- You have experience in and feel comfortable working with senior client staff in areas outside your specific expertise and are able to build trusted relationships.
- Experience in leading projects independently and drive execution with little supervision.
- A positive, hands-on, client-service and solution-oriented personality, who likes to move forward the objectives of a fun and committed team and their client.
- A familiarity with social media channels and digital marketing tools and having some experience in planning and executing digital communication strategies would be an asset.
What the position offers
- A full-time exciting and challenging job in an energetic, professional and fun international environment.
- Competitive salary with interesting fringe benefit opportunities, like an international bonus programme as well as a net allowance.
- International collaboration and career opportunities within our network.
How to apply
Interested candidates must send their CV and cover letter to Jason Descamps, Senior Research Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org and to Sergey Golyshin, Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com.
Please note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in Belgium.