About Insurance Europe
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 36 member bodies — the national insurance associations — it represents all types and sizes of insurance and reinsurance undertakings. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers pay out over €1 000bn annually — or €2.8bn a day — in claims, directly employ more than 920 000 people and invest over €10.6trn in the economy.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Personal and General Insurance, the new Policy Adviser:
- Assumes responsibility for contacts and coordination with external stakeholders, including EU institutions (e.g. European Commission, European Parliament, EIOPA) and other public or private organisations (e.g. OECD, IAIS);
- Is responsible for monitoring EU regulatory initiatives, in particular from a personal insurance perspective (initiatives on personal pension products, treatment of pensions under Solvency II, implementation of the revised IORP directive) in coordination with the relevant staff members;
- Synthesises internal stakeholders’ feedback and prepares papers that reflect the European insurance industry’s views on pension related topics.
- Communicates information constructively and effectively to Insurance Europe’s internal stakeholders (e.g. is a point of contact for members, updates members regarding legislative developments);
- Prepares, supports and follows-up on relevant internal working groups; active participation in the building of consensus amongst the industry;
- Contributes to internal studies, publications and events relating to the pensions area;
- Represents the European insurance industry in seminars and conferences, liaises and where needed represents Insurance Europe with other industry groups.
About your Experience
- University degree in economics, law or any other relevant field;
- Prior, initial and proven experience within the sector, ideally pensions or personal insurance, or insurance and financial regulation more generally;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Experience in building defendable consensus views amongst stakeholders;
- Active listener, skilled and efficient communicator in an international and multi-cultural environment both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to manage complexity, strong analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback;
- Excellent knowledge of English with any other language being an asset.
About the Offer
- Join a multinational and dynamic team of EU insurance policy professionals in representing a vast, European industry;
- Generate a real policy impact by working in this strategic role;
- Personal and professional development plan including trainings and workshops;
- Competitive salary package, including benefits such as a bonus scheme, a personal, monthly allowance, transport and lunch vouchers, health/life/hospitalisation/travel insurance and other benefits.
About the Application
Interested candidates are asked to send their application consisting of CV and cover letter to
Sergey Golyshin, Senior Consultant at Mavence – email@example.com.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.