About Insurance Europe
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 36 member bodies — the national insurance associations — it represents all types and sizes of insurance and reinsurance undertakings. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers pay out over €1 000bn annually — or €2.8bn a day — in claims, directly employ more than 920 000 people and invest over €10.6trn in the economy.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Personal and General Insurance, the new Policy Adviser:
- Identifies, monitors, analyses and advises on EU initiatives relevant for the European insurance industry on topics related to personal and general insurance.
- Synthesizes Insurance Europe’s members’ feedback, negotiates and drafts common positions reflecting the European industry views, coordinates and conveys these views to EU institutions and stakeholders.
- Provides thorough analysis of developments and their impact on the industry and the position of Insurance Europe.
- Advises, supports and reports to Insurance Europe’s project groups and committees, in particular the general insurance committee, and coordinates with other relevant groups and committees.
- Coordinates positions and actions with Insurance Europe’s members and provides them with services, for example is a point of contact for the members, informs about legislative developments and the sector’s positions.
- Contributes to the development of Insurance Europe’s publications, such as position papers, briefings or newsletters. Contributes to studies in areas linked to policy developments.
- Contributes to the development of Insurance Europe’s advocacy strategy. Organises and assumes responsibility for contacts and coordination with external stakeholders, e.g. the relevant EU institutions and authorities, as well as other public or private organisations.
- Represents and promotes the policy messages of the European insurance industry at seminars, conferences and working groups across Europe.
About your Experience
- Ideally an educational background in European law with other relevant degrees also to be considered, as well as a good knowledge of the European decision-making process, with a first professional experience, ideally with a link to financial services.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Experience in building defendable consensus views amongst stakeholders.
- Active listener, skilled and efficient communicator in an international and multi-cultural environment both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage complexity, strong analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback.
- Excellent knowledge of English with any other language being an asset.
About the Offer
- Join a multinational and dynamic team of EU insurance policy professionals in representing a vast, European industry.
- Generate a real policy impact by working in this strategic role.
- Personal and professional development plan including trainings and workshops.
- Competitive salary package, including benefits such as a bonus scheme, a personal, monthly allowance, transport and lunch vouchers, health/life/hospitalisation/travel insurance and other benefits.
About the Application
Interested candidates are asked to send their application consisting of CV and cover letter to Sergey Golyshin, Senior Consultant at Mavence – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.