About the Organisation
Policies are a key driver to accelerate change in industry, especially when it comes to circularity and sustainability. The Policy Hub’s mission is to propose such an ambitious policy framework for the industry in Europe. As Manager – Public Affairs you will spearhead the development of this policy framework that will enable change in the apparel and footwear sector. To achieve this, you will work with the companies, European institutions and civil society.
The Policy Hub- Circularity for Apparel and Footwear unites the apparel and footwear industry to develop ambitious policies that accelerate sustainable practices. We represent more than 700 apparel & footwear stakeholders, including brands, retailers, manufacturers, and NGOs. PolicyHub gathers the technical expertise and knowledge from members and partner organisations alike: Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), Global Fashion Agenda (GFA), Federation of European Sporting Goods (FESI), and Textile Exchange. In close collaboration with policymakers, the Policy Hub draws on these technical inputs to propose ambitious policies for the textiles industry in Europe.
About the Role
- Become part of the team of Policy Hub – Circularity for Apparel & Footwear as its Public Affairs Manager:
- Supporting the execution of the Policy Hub’s advocacy strategy, in collaboration with all partners of the Policy Hub (SAC, GFA, FESI, and Textile Exchange) and its members.
- Supporting engagement and communication with external stakeholders, companies & EU institutions.
- Managing external communications through updates of social media accounts & website.
- Representing the Policy Hub in relevant public fora (including events, workshops, etc.).
- Plan and execute events, workshops, and meetings.
- Leading on specific policies for the team:
- Scope: Circular Economy Action Plan, including among others waste (Waste Framework Directive, Extended Producer Responsibility), Due Diligence and/or similar topics
- Strategic analysis of policy developments: identifying engagement opportunities, strategic opportunities and risks for the sector;
- Liaising with European institutions and other stakeholders.
- Around 3 years of proven work experience.
- Proven track record of engaging in the EU decision-making processes and with EU institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact and engage with various stakeholders in an international context.
- Experience working in an industry association, consultancy or EU institutions.
- Strong analytical capabilities. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English. Knowledge of other EU languages is a plus.
- Strong project management skills and ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong and proven interest and knowledge of sustainability and/or circularity topics.
Education & Skills
- University degree in Political Sciences/Law/ Economics/Communications
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel) skills required
- Join a team of policy and public affairs experts committed to the transformation of the apparel and footwear sector
- Opportunity to work on high-priority and interesting policy files with the chance to impact current legislation
- Flexible work arrangement as part of the benefits package
How to apply
The Policy Hub and Mavence are committed to diversity and inclusion, which is why we encourage all applicants no matter their age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, disability, sex and gender identity, religion, or political affiliation to apply for vacancies.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their applications to Sergey Golyshin, Director Recruitment – Mavence at email@example.com.
Applications would consist of a Cover Letter and recent Curriculum Vitae and will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SectorCircularity; Apparel; Fashion; Textiles; Chemicals; Environment