MedTech Europe, the European trade association representing the medical technology industries, from diagnosis to cure, is currently looking for an External Affairs – Manager Communications. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded and excellent communicator with a passion for telling effective stories and narratives around healthcare and technology.
The External Affairs Manager Communications will take a leading role in driving the communication objectives and delivering projects that fit the vision and goals of the medical technology sector. This External Affairs Manager Communications will be responsible for bringing strategic and operational communication excellence in advancing the policy objectives of the sector.
You will join a friendly and highly motivated Communications team, which is part of the External Affairs Department. The Communications team is a strong partner of the different technical and policy experts in the organisation. Each member of the team enjoys the opportunity to work autonomously and run distinct projects. You will take part in high-quality communication activities for one of the top trade associations in Brussels.
Media Relations & Industry Profiling
- Develop, support and implement the overarching Media strategy throughout the organisation
- Work together with the media in fostering a balanced relationship that gives light to the Medical Technology Sector’s characteristics;
- Create and lead communication efforts to profile and increase the European Medical Technology Sector’s reputation;
- Partner with communication leads and experts in the MedTech Europe Members’ network through joint activities;
- Produce and host MedTech Europe’s podcast (MedTech ON AIR).
EU Policy Communications
- Create and implement communication strategies around the regulatory, policy and advocacy activities of MedTech Europe;
- Work closely with the topic leaders to bring communication expertise to align and complement their business and advocacy objectives;
- Develop effective campaigns, narratives, and communication assets (statements, visuals, social media posts) for a general audience based on technical and scientific content.
- Master Degree in communications, journalism, political science or other relevant degrees;
- 3-5 years of work experience in communications and/or within the media sphere; with strong preference on previous experience on EU policy communications; experience in health, in particular in medical technologies is considered a plus but is not essential;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills and experience with a strong ability to understand and translate technical content into written work fit for different set of audiences;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, any additionally EU language is considered an asset;
- Experience in media relations, in particular working with EU and trade press. will be considered a strong and differentiating asset;
- “Digital native” with a strong knowledge of different communication tools (web, social media, newsletter tools, CMS);
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Effective communication (written and spoken) with internal and external stakeholders;
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and excellent communicator;
- Team player with commitment to excellence.
- Availability to travel.
- Communication skills: Writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work independently and provide results against tight deadlines, resilience to workload, positive attitude;
- Ability to communicate clearly and translate complex information into clear messages;
- Ability to work autonomously with high problem-solver and solution-oriented mindset;
- Ability to find consensus among a wide range of opinions and to work with different functions, teams (market access, regulatory) and seniority levels;
- Outgoing personality with a positive and engaging appearance;
- Proactive attitude with sense for creating synergies and win-wins;
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills;
- Broad and strategic thinking;
- Confidence in driving initiatives with members and stakeholders;
- Competitive salary package plus additional benefits, including a performance bonus, lunch vouchers, mobile phone subscription, work laptop, pension plan & medical insurance (incl. family);
- Be a representative of a well-established and innovative European industry;
- Internal network of members, experts and coaches who can bring knowledge and experience in managing different communication needs and objectives
- Opportunity to be a member of a motivated, dynamic and international team.
- Opportunity for trainings and personal development
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a CV, Cover Letter and one or two written samples of your work to Sergey Golyshin, Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MedTech Europe is an equal opportunity employer.
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.