MedTech Europe is the Alliance of European medical technology industry associations. The Alliance represents the European in-vitro diagnostics and medical devices industries.
You will join the Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) Team, which is part of the External Affairs Department. The GAPP Team has a dynamic and positive working environment. As Manager, you will work autonomously and run your own projects whilst engaging with several team members.
You will be a visible and credible advocate for the industry who builds strong relationships with key stakeholders, such as policy makers, healthcare officials, and patient groups, to stay up-to-date with EU policy and legislative developments and to engage the organisation in initiatives relevant to the medical technology sector. You will be working with members in developing positions and engagement strategies and drives joint advocacy activities.
Your main topics of focus will be:
- Digital Health:
- AI & Data;
- Legal and Compliance:
- Implementation of the Collective Redress Directive;
- Product Liability;
- Product Safety;
- Data Privacy;
- AI & Ethics;
Reporting to the Senior Manager – External Affairs (GAPP), you will:
- Develop/maintain relationships with the EU institutions and exchange information with policy makers about priority topics of MedTech Europe members;
- Build relationships with relevant stakeholders, such as patient and healthcare professional groups and other industry trade associations;
- Represent MedTech Europe externally through being a visible and credible advocate for the industry;
- Ensure an up-to-date knowledge of the EU political landscape and assess EU initiatives with regard to their relevance for the medical technology sector;
- Develop clear and concise positioning and messaging;
- Develop and implement strategies and action plans to engage the organisation in EU legislative proposals and policies;
- Be a point of contact for members, e.g. with the Public Affairs Committee, and moderate member discussions towards agreed objectives and positions.
- Master, preferable in European Studies, European Law, Political Science, (Health) Economics with other relevant degrees being considered;
- Proven, initial professional experience in EU Government Affairs (EU institutions, consultancy, association, NGO etc.);
- Proven solid knowledge about EU institutions and EU legislative processes, with experience inside the EU institutions or being a significant asset;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, any additionally EU language is considered a plus;
- Availability to travel;
- Experience in health, in particular in in vitro diagnostic and medical devices is considered a plus;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Effective communication (written and spoken) with internal and external stakeholders;
- Team player with commitment to excellence.
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work independently and provide results against tight deadlines, resilience to workload, positive attitude;
- Ability to communicate clearly and translate complex information into clear messages;
- Ability to work autonomously with high problem-solver and solution-oriented mindset;
- Ability to analyse policies/legislation and identify relevance for the sector;
- Ability to find consensus among wide range of opinions and to work with different functions, teams (market access, regulatory) and seniority levels;
- Outgoing personality with a positive and engaging appearance;
- Proactive attitude with sense for creating synergies and win-wins;
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills;
- Broad and strategic thinking;
- Confidence in driving initiatives with members and stakeholders;
- Communication skills: demonstrable writing skills and knowledge in communication channels.
- Competitive salary package plus additional benefits, including a performance bonus, lunch vouchers, mobile phone subscription, work laptop, pension plan & medical insurance (incl. family);
- Joining the voice and representing a significant European industry;
- Internal exposure to members and external exposure to key stakeholders across all of Europe;
- Becoming a member of a dynamic and international team.