MedTech Europe is the European trade association for the medical technology industry including diagnostics, medical devices and digital health.
You will join the Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) Team, which is part of the External Affairs Department. The GAPP Team has a dynamic and positive working environment. As Manager, you will work autonomously and run your own projects whilst engaging with several team members.
You will be a visible and credible advocate for the industry who builds strong relationships with key stakeholders, such as policy makers, healthcare officials, and patient groups, stays up-to-date with EU policy and legislative developments and engages the organisation in initiatives relevant to the medical technology sector. You will be working with members in developing positions and engagement strategies and drive joint advocacy activities.
About the Topics
- AI Act and other legislative files regulating AI
- Data Act
- European Health Data Space
- Cyber Resilience Act
About the Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Government Affairs & Public Policy, you will:
- Develop/maintain relationships with the EU institutions and exchange information with policy makers about priority topics of MedTech Europe members
- Build relationships with relevant stakeholders, such as patient and healthcare professional groups and other industry trade associations
- Represent MedTech Europe externally through being a visible and credible advocate for the industry
- Ensure an up-to-date knowledge of the EU political landscape and assess EU initiatives with regard to their relevance for the medical technology sector
- Develop clear and concise positioning and messaging
- Develop and implement strategies and action plans to engage the organisation in EU legislative proposals and policies
- Consider and utilize both advocacy and communication tools to achieve objectives
- Be a point of contact for members, e.g. with the Public Affairs Committee, and moderate member discussions towards agreed objectives and positions
- Contribute to the advocacy and communication excellence of the organisation
About the Requirements
- Master, preferable in European Studies, European Law, Political Science, (Health) Economics
- 3-5 years of professional experience in EU Government Affairs (EU institutions, consultancy, association, NGO etc.)
- Proven solid knowledge about EU institutions and EU legislative processes. Experience inside the EU institutions or have a demonstratable knowledge about EU institutions or processes.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, any additionally EU language is considered a plus
- Availability to travel
- Experience in health, in particular in in vitro diagnostic and medical devices is considered a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective communication (written and spoken) with internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with commitment to excellence
About the Competencies
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work independently and provide results against tight deadlines, resilience to workload, positive attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and translate complex information into clear messages
- Ability to work autonomously with high problem-solver and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to analyse policies/legislation and political developments identifying relevance for the sector
- Ability to find consensus amongst wide range of opinions and to work with different functions, teams (market access, regulatory) and seniority levels
- Proactive attitude with sense for creating synergies and win-wins
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills and broad and strategic thinking approach
- Confidence in driving initiatives with members and stakeholders
- Communication skills: demonstrable writing skills and knowledge in communication channels
About the Offer
- Join a multicultural and diverse team of experienced government affairs and policy professionals passionate about the medical devices and healthcare sector
- Generate a policy impact by representing a large, European industry association vis-à-vis institutional stakeholders
- Opportunity to build an excellent policy network and remain up to speed with the rapidly changing digital healthcare sector
- Competitive Remuneration Package, including a Performance Bonus, Representation Allowance, Luncheon Vouchers, Mobile Phone Subscription, Laptop, Pension Plan & Medical Plan (+ Family)
About the Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications consisting of CV and Cover Letter to Sergey Golyshin, Senior Consultant at email@example.com.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
MedTech Europe is an equal opportunity employer.