Schneider Electric drives digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, endpoint to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Purpose / Summary
We are looking for a Manager “EU Government Affairs”, to support Schneider Electric’s government affairs strategy at European Union level on topics such as the energy transition and digital policy. Building upon Schneider’s significant footprint Europe and Schneider’s vision for de-carbonization, sustainability, and an all-electric world, the Manager will work to enhance Schneider relationships and policy positions with key policy-makers, and critical industry organizations to promote a business and policy environment that is more favorable to our growth objectives and our vision for sustainability and corporate responsibility. Responsibilities will also include working to educate and collaborate with internal stakeholders in the business units so they can understand and leverage new opportunities for growth such as the ones related to the European recovery plan. The role is based in Brussels. It will report directly to the Vice President of Government Affairs who is based in Brussels and work in collaboration with the rest of the EU Government Affairs team (also located in Brussels), as well as with other key internal stakeholders in the company. The person fulfilling this role will be integrated into a small but vibrant and diverse team of government affairs professionals where they will have an opportunity to lead in several areas, gain valuable experience in the private sector spanning public policy, lobbying, and corporate strategy.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for internal and external activity, including the following:
- Supporting the EU Government Affairs team on the development and execution of our strategy for advocacy as well as the development of relevant communications internally and externally.
- Developing analysis of relevant legislation, funding initiatives and policies and how they impact the company.
- Engaging regularly with key policymakers and government officials (virtually or in-person) to communicate effectively about the company’s priorities and policy recommendations.
- Developing and disseminating communications materials needed for the outreach with government.
- Representing Schneider Electric in key industry groups, business coalitions, and events.
- Completion of stakeholder maps and outreach strategy on key issue areas.
- Support developing regular social media content relating to government relations policy issues and Schneider Electric’s policy priorities.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Have legislative or policy experience in the areas of energy, building, or climate policy.
- Eager to gain private sector experience and sharpen skills in business and corporate strategy.
- Enjoy socializing and networking and facilitating connections.
- Entrepreneurship mindset, genuinely interested by politics.
- Versatile to work in a small team on numerous projects as a contributor and self-starter.
- Organized and good at helping others get organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (a writing sample will be required).
- Hold a degree in Political Science, Government Relations, Economics, Law, or similar.