About the Association
The AFG – Association Française de la Gestion Financière represents and defends the interests of asset management professionals. Its members are portfolio management companies, both entrepreneurial and subsidiaries of French and foreign banking and insurance groups. More than 600 portfolio management companies operate in France.
About the position
The Manager will be based in Brussels with regular trips to Paris and potential trips to other EU cities. Under the authority of the EU and International Affairs Director, the Manager, will:
- Carry out AFG’s strategy, objectives, projects and daily work at EU and International levels.
- Participate in the development of AFG’s outreach to insure efficient work with European and international policymakers, in particular EU institutions, as well as within other trade European associations and with the other sister national trade associations.
- Increase the support given to AFG’s members to grow their European and International business and give key input to foster the competitiveness and attractiveness of Paris as a key asset management center.
- Monitor EU and international affairs (both on political and regulatory sides)
- Prepare and attend institutional and non-institutional meetings
Requirements for the position
- Very good understanding of the functioning of the European institutions, complemented by a knowledge of the “landscape” of other professional associations in Brussels.
- Familiarity with European regulations and the activities of financial companies (asset managers, banks, insurance companies, etc).
- Ease of contact with people of different ages and levels of responsibility to listen, understand and convince.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work on several subjects independently.
- Good organizational skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in a public affairs environment, consulting firm or professional association.
- English (native/fluent) and French (professional). Knowledge of German, Italian or Spanish are an asset.
How to apply
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Sergey Golyshin indicating ‘Manager – AFG’ in the subject line.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.