Aurubis is a leading global copper recycler and provider of non-ferrous metals. Its main area of expertise is the processing and optimal utilization of complex concentrates and recycling raw materials to produce metals of the highest purity.
In addition to its main metal, copper, these include precious metals like gold, silver, and platinum group metals, but also metals such as lead, nickel, tin, zinc, and selenium. Aurubis was founded as a stock corporation in 1866. Following its IPO in 1998 and national mergers and international expansions in the years thereafter, Aurubis is now an international group with about 7,200 employees at production sites in Europe and the US, as well as an extensive service and distribution system in Europe, Asia, and North America.
Aurubis is now looking for a new Manager Corporate External Affairs to be based in Brussels.
Role & Responsibilities
As Manager for Corporate External Affairs, the successful candidate will advocate Aurubis’ political interests towards EU institutions, EU member states & relevant 3rd parties and analyse political developments on EU level, as well as support development of the company’s positions on them.
- In the fields of energy and climate, environmental, sustainability, raw materials, trade policy:
- Monitor and identify EU legislative processes, trends & political projects.
- Develop advocacy concepts regarding debates & regulatory processes
- Prepare internal briefings and educate internally on the matters
- Ensure Aurubis’ representation vis-à-vis the associations, EU institutions and various stakeholders
- Represent Aurubis in committees and at events, hearings, background discussions, lobby meetings, etc.
- Coordinate actions with relevant associations
- Support to administrative tasks
- Post-pandemic: organization of events
- Master degree in a relevant subject (law, politics, history, sociology, business psychology, etc.).
- Knowledge, understanding of and true interest in EU processes and institutions.
- At least basic knowledge of industry related fields of policy, in particular: energy and climate, environmental, sustainability, raw materials, trade policy.
- Existing network in political arena on EU level
- Competence in networking in the political arena
- Languages: High English skills are mandatory. Good German and French would be an asset.
- Highly developed intercultural, diplomatic & rhetoric skills.