MedTech Europe, the European trade association representing the medical technology industries, from diagnosis to cure, is currently looking for an External Affairs – Manager Communications. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded and excellent communicator with a passion for telling effective stories and narratives around healthcare and technology.
The External Affairs Manager Communications will take a leading role in driving the communication objectives and delivering projects that fit the vision and goals of the medical technology sector. This External Affairs Manager Communications will be responsible for bringing strategic and operational communication excellence in advancing the policy objectives of the sector.
You will join a friendly and highly motivated Communications team, which is part of the External Affairs Department. The Communications team is a strong partner of the different technical and policy experts in the organisation. Each member of the team enjoys the opportunity to work autonomously and run distinct projects. You will take part in high-quality communication activities for one of the top trade associations in Brussels.
- Create and implement communication strategies around the policy and advocacy activities of MedTech Europe
- Work closely with the six (thematic) departments to bring communication and advocacy expertise to align and complement their business and advocacy objectives
- Design and develop effective campaigns, narratives, and communication assets (statements, visuals, social media posts) for a general audience based on technical and scientific content
- Establish communication channels with EU institutions and exchange information with policy makers about priority topics of MedTech Europe members
- Foster relationships and collaborations with relevant stakeholders, such as patient and healthcare professional groups and other industry trade associations
- Support other strategies and action plans to engage the organisation in EU legislative proposals and policies
- Support communication efforts to profile and increase the reputation of the European medical technology sector
- Partner with communication leads and experts within the MedTech Europe Members network through joint projects and activities
- At least 5 years of working experience in communications or similar fields, with previous experience on EU policy communications; experience in health or life sciences, in particular in medical technologies is considered a plus;
- Educational background in communications, journalism, political science, European studies, health policy or other relevant degrees;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills and experience with a strong ability to understand and translate technical content into written work fit for different set of audiences;
- Proven track record and experience in media relations in particular, working with EU and trade press is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, any additional EU language is considered an asset;
- “Digital native” with a strong knowledge of different communication tools (web, social media, newsletter tools, CMS);
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Effective communication (written and spoken) with internal and external stakeholders;
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and excellent communicator;
- Team player with commitment to excellence.
- Availability to travel;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work independently and provide results against tight deadlines, resilience to workload, positive attitude;
- Ability to find consensus among a wide range of opinions and to work with different functions, teams (market access, regulatory) and seniority levels;
- Outgoing personality with a positive and engaging appearance;
- Proactive attitude with sense for creating synergies and win-wins;
- Broad and strategic thinking;
- Confidence in driving initiatives with members and stakeholders;
- Competitive salary package plus additional benefits, including a performance bonus, lunch vouchers, mobile phone subscription, work laptop, pension plan & medical insurance (incl. family);
- Be a representative of a well-established and innovative European industry;
- Internal network of members, experts and coaches who can bring knowledge and experience in managing different communication needs and objectives
- Opportunity to be a member of a motivated, dynamic and international team.
- Opportunity for trainings and personal development