GRACE, the Global Recycling Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment, focuses on advocacy and communication related to packaging recycling and sustainability enabling a net zero-carbon emissions circular economy. It promotes the environmental benefits of beverage cartons, advocates for effective public policies and regulation. GRACE also supports measures to significantly increase post-consumer beverage carton recycling, in collaboration with other organisations including EXTR:ACT.
GRACE will start operating from the Brussels-based European beverage carton association ACE (Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment), which is dedicated to advocacy and communication. It will liaise with existing associations representing beverage cartons in different regions of the world and will support the industry alignment and position on subjects of common interest. The medium-term objective is to expand GRACE’s activities and membership to collaborate with other value chain partners sharing similar interests.
The founding members of ACE, EXTR:ACT and founding partners of GRACE are Elopak, SIG Combibloc, Tetra Pak, BillerudKorsnäs and Stora Enso.
The Information Coordinator will support members’ activities on recycling in liaison with the GRACE members. They will compile information on recycling globally and liaise with relevant national or regional industry platforms. They will monitor progress of collection and recycling against agreed objectives/targets, especially in countries where collaboration by GRACE members is essential.
The Information Coordinator will be employed by ACE and shall report to the GRACE Global Alliance Manager and through him/her to the GRACE Coordination Committee representing the founding partners of GRACE for strategic and content-related decisions.
She/he will be based in Brussels in the ACE offices.
The Information Coordinator shall coordinate and support GRACE’s activities on recycling by:
- Coordinating the work of a dedicated Task Force to facilitate exchange of information on potential projects between the GRACE founding partners and support necessary industry activities to significantly increase beverage carton recycling globally.
- Mapping, researching and evaluating regional, national and global recycling initiatives.
- Developing a blueprint of best practices for recycling initiatives locally.
- Supporting, as relevant, local initiatives involved in beverage carton collection and recycling.
- Developing industry-wide positions and guidelines on collection and recycling.
- Cooperating with other relevant national or regional industry platforms on common issues.
- Proven initial professional experience preferably related to waste and recycling and/or the packaging industry.
- Degree in environmental engineering, sciences, or similar with other relevant degrees being considered.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with other languages being an asset.
- Knowledge of the packaging industry, recycling, waste management.
- Networking and communication skills. Strong ability to build relationships and coalitions.
- Self-going personality with good inter-personal skills, culturally sensitive, good understanding of the corporate environment and leadership.
- Excellent organisation abilities.
- Interest in global initiatives and developments.
- Have a direct impact on the shape of this new alliance, while benefitting from the support of its founding members and industry leaders.
- An opportunity to create something from scratch, shaping this new role and its responsibilities yourself.
- Drive international alignment of industry positions working with partner organisations from across the globe – not just in Europe.
- Support the industry’s effort in driving positive agenda around recycling and sustainability commitments.