Are you a sustainability professional who wants to make a difference? Would you like to continue your career in a company that is committed to complying with international standards regarding environmental protection, related laws and subordinate statutes and internal regulations? A company that makes unremitting efforts for environmental protection in all business activities such as development, production, sales, etc, that takes the lead in the effective use of resources, such as resource recycling and that puts the safety and health of people first?
If so, you may want to consider joining Samsung as their new Horizontal Sustainability Manager, based in the Samsung Electronics European Public affairs office in Brussels.
As one of the world’s largest producers of electronic devices and active within an array of other business streams. Samsung Electronics specialises in the production of a wide variety of consumer and industry electronics, including appliances, digital media devices, semiconductors, memory chips, and integrated systems. Overseeing a global network of manufacturing and R&D with worldwide supply chains for its production, it is one of the world’s largest technology companies by revenue and by market capitalization.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, its Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies and is recognised as one of the top global brands. The company’s network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive its growth.
Samsung Electronics provides an Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung is looking to expand its EU sustainability team to further harmonise its policy and advocacy work across the continent. Subject to the evolution of priorities, the Horizontal Sustainability Manager will be in charge of a scope of topics focussing on horizontal ESG coordination needs such as CSRD implementation, stakeholder requests management, due diligence and stakeholder engagement under the direct supervision of the ESG Director and Head of Group 1.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, reporting and synthesizing horizontally on key ESG policy developments on priority topics (Sustainability and Climate Change, Value chain, Governance) at national and EU level;
- Bringing support for ESG actions planning and executing strategies under the supervision of the ESG Director;
- Creating, monitoring and updating ESG specific institutional and stakeholder mapping for engagement purposes;
- Supporting the ESG team ahead of meetings with EU officials and stakeholders across a variety of venues;
- Participating in the recurring meetings with the Group 1 team and EPA office.
Experience and skills
Samsung is looking for a driven EU sustainability policy professional with the following background:
- A relevant university degree, be it in policy, political science, international relations, EU affairs or law, political sciences, economics (preferably related to sustainability and environment);
- At least 5 years’ experience in sustainability management;
- Proven experience in policies related to horizontal sustainability (such as the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive or the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive);
- Prior experience in managing a multistakeholder working process (input gathering, agenda, minutes);
In terms of skills, the preferred candidate should have/be:
- a sense of initiative and a proactive attitude;
- highly motivated and possess a willingness to learn;
- very good coordination skills, time management skills and be able to work under pressure;
- good organizational skills and be able to prioritize;
- good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an international team;
- sensitive to cultural differences and respect hierarchical structures;
- able to build relationship and engage with stakeholders.
- able to synthesize and implement methodologies;
- fluent in English and at least another EU language (German or French would be an asset).
This position will provide a dynamic professional with the opportunity to:
- Gain experience in implementing an ambitious ESG scheme at EU level in a Global company
- Get exposure to a broad range of EU stakeholders
- Get in- depth knowledge of the industrial consequences of key European ESG legislation (governance, disclosure, value chain, climate)
- Join the dynamic team of experienced policy and public affairs professionals in a role where you will be able to generate a policy impact .
- Work across interesting topics on behalf of a new technology and innovation market leader that develops cutting edge products.
- Receive a competitive salary package and benefits
Starting Date as soon as possible
Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending their CV and motivation letter to Cynthia Fürste (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ‘Horizontal Sustainability Manager’ in the subject line.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible with applications to be processed on a rolling basis.