GRACE, the Global Recycling Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment, focuses on advocacy and communication related to packaging recycling and sustainability enabling a net zero-carbon emissions circular economy. It promotes the environmental benefits of beverage cartons, advocates for effective public policies and regulation. GRACE also supports measures to significantly increase post-consumer beverage carton recycling, in collaboration with other organisations including EXTR:ACT.
GRACE will start operating from the Brussels-based European beverage carton association ACE (Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment), which is dedicated to advocacy and communication. It will liaise with existing associations representing beverage cartons in different regions of the world and will support the industry alignment and position on subjects of common interest. The medium-term objective is to expand GRACE’s activities and membership to collaborate with other value chain partners sharing similar interests.
The founding members of ACE, EXTR:ACT and founding partners of GRACE are Elopak, SIG Combibloc, Tetra Pak, BillerudKorsnäs and Stora Enso.
GRACE’s Global Alliance Manager will help strengthening sector collaboration to achieve GRACE’s mission. She/he will be a focal point to define the key priorities for GRACE, collaborating with the membership. She/he will monitor and address key regulatory issues affecting the beverage carton industry globally through a.o. the development of joint positions and messages in collaboration with GRACE members and relevant regional/national industry platforms and other stakeholders. She/he will endeavour to align under GRACE the individual contribution by GRACE members companies into platforms that might define GRACE’s ability to successfully achieve its missions (such as 4EverGreen and others).
The Global Alliance Manager will be formally employed by ACE and will report to the GRACE Coordination Committee representing the founding partners of GRACE for strategic and content-related decisions.
She/he will be based in Brussels in the ACE offices.
GRACE’s Global Alliance Manager will help strengthening sector collaboration to achieve GRACE’s mission. She/he will:
- Monitor global policy and regulatory developments relevant to the beverage carton industry in relation to key sustainability topics, such as bioeconomy, climate, and circular economy.
- Identify upcoming issues and advise members on potential regulatory impact on business.
- Develop the GRACE strategy in collaboration with GRACE’s members.
- Develop and coordinate joint positions and messaging with GRACE partners and existing industry platforms at regional or local level and with the support of ACE’s communication manager.
- Support the members representation towards global institutions and stakeholders.
- Steer and supervise the work of the GRACE Recycling Coordinator.
- Proven professional experience, preferably related to food and beverage or packaging industry.
- Degree in environmental sciences, policy and public affairs, communication or similar.
- Experience in regulatory affairs and (global) advocacy, understanding of relevant global organisations and institutions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages an asset.
- Knowledge of the packaging industry and recycling.
- Networking and communication skills. Strong ability to build relationships and coalitions.
- Self-going personality with good interpersonal skills, diplomatic attitude, culturally sensitive, good understanding of the corporate environment and leadership.
Why you should be interested in this position:
- Have a direct impact on the shape of this new alliance while benefitting from the support of its founding members and industry leaders.
- Enter into this newly created role and get a chance to shape it from scratch.
- Drive international alignment of industry positions working with partner organisations from across the globe.
- Support the industry’s effort in driving positive agenda around recycling and sustainability commitments.