The European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) was created in 1981 on the occasion of the first European Council held in Maastricht and is supported by the EU Member States and the European Commission. Its core mission is to provide a mix of deep insights and practical knowledge about EU policies, to all professionals related to EU public affairs, with the key objective of further improving their skills and capabilities for efficient management of the policies. In addition to the Maastricht based headquarters, EIPA has a centre in Luxembourg: the European Centre for Judges and Lawyers (ECJL).
The position offered:
EIPA wishes to reinforce its in-house capacity to provide services in the area of Better Regulation and Evidence-Based Policy-Making. This will include the further development and delivery of training courses on policy-making skills and knowledge; the ability to conduct impact assessments and evaluations in the framework of EU contracts; and the generation of expertise on methods and substance that can support new projects as well as contribute to knowledge in this field.
The main tasks and responsibilities
Increase the delivery of services within existing L&D and Consultancy FWCs with the EU institutions:
- Develop and deliver training courses on Better Regulation, impact assessment and evaluation.
- Build up an advanced and competitive training portfolio on Foresight, Evidence-Based Policymaking, Data for Policy, etc. and promote it with clients.
- Engagement with consultancy service requests. Design and conduct impact assessments and evaluations, in particular in the areas of DG JUST, DG ECFIN, DG EMPL, DG EAC.
- Design methodologies and implement work in relation to policy and economic analysis.
Contribute to EIPA business development and strategic growth:
- Provide expertise on substance and methodology for the drafting of tender proposals in the above-mentioned areas.
- Drive EIPA tailored offerings for direct awards.
- Lead EIPA’s development as a European center of best practices and innovation in the area of Better Regulation, and establish a network of external specialists.
Ideal candidate profile
Education and languages:
- advanced university degree in economics or econometrics or in mathematical economics.
- fluency in English (must). Working proficiency in other EU languages (advantageous).
- At least 8 years of proven experience in designing and providing impact assessment and evaluation services to the EU institutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and delivering L&D services for adult audiences in the areas of EU Policy-Making and Better Regulation. Advantageous L&D services for EU and national public officials.
- Extensive consultancy experience for the EU public sector in economic and policy analysis.
- Advantageous – at least 5 years of experience in management of large-scale consultancy projects and in leading diverse data collection teams.
Knowledge and skills:
- In-depth understanding and practical experience with the EU Policy Cycle and the EC Better Regulation Guidelines and Toolbox.
- Advanced understanding and experience with Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA), quantification and monetization, statistical sampling, LFA and other project management methodologies (like PM2).
- Ability to draft and deliver consultancy reports in EN.
- Team spirit
- Proactivity and constructive approach to challenges
- Service and goals oriented attitude
Why you should be interested in this position
- Join the organisation in a unique moment, in which it has relaunched its strategy with new leadership and fresh energy;
- Work in a role in which you will have a direct impact on shaping EIPA’s offering and building solutions with international partners;
- Drive impact with a mix of hands-on approach and coordination and leadership responsibilities both internally, as well as externally towards a network of experts;