GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is the umbrella organisation of pharmaceutical full-line wholesalers and healthcare distributors in Europe.
GIRP is currently looking to recruit an Events and Communications Officer, for a full-time position based in their office in Brussels.
Throughout the year, GIRP organises numerous events and meetings in Europe. Your duties will cover aspects including overall event logistics at GIRP meetings and conferences, event communication. The position also extents the association’s communication and marketing materials such as annual reports, websites, brochures, newsletters, etc. Furthermore, your job will be to take care of the association’s sponsors and continuously search for and secure new sponsorship. You will also be in charge of the internal financial administration of the association as well as the complete financial administration of the events. Finally, other administrative work such as travel planning will equally be part of your work.
The successful candidate should be prepared to start as soon as possible, but at the latest on the 19th of October.
GIRP is particularly interested in receiving applications from professionals with prior working experience in a similar position showing a high-level of commitment, attention to detail, stress-resistance, flexibility and maturity in their work. The individual must be able to work independently, be proactive and work as part of a dynamic team. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
Specific duties may include:
65% event management:
- Event logistics: venue research, site visits, budget, travel, contract negotiation, supplier coordination, briefings, on-site logistics, event administration;
- Execute and monitor event registration, including preparation of event invitations, sending and follow-up;
- Event app: create the design and content of the event apps used for the conferences;
- Coordination and printing of marketing materials.
15% communication and sponsorship:
- Recruiting new sponsors and maintaining good relationship with existing ones;
- Website administration: updating information, quality control;
- Social media campaigns and newsletters.
20% administration and finances:
- Financial administration: monitoring annual events budget, issuing invoices, payment of incoming invoices;
- Travel planning and coordination;
- Other administrative tasks and office management (office supplies, office providers).
Core qualifications required:
- Prior experience in dealing with event management and communication duties;
- Eye for detail and sense of quality of logistics are fundamental requirements for the position;
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to evolving circumstances;
- Experience in Virtual Events is a plus;
- Excellent command of English required, German and/or French desired (other European languages are an asset);
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, with good negotiation and persuasion abilities;
- Proven experience in MS Office (including Excel) and InDesign;
- Proven experience in budgeting and financial administration of events;
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and out of hours on site during events;
- Flexibility to travel occasionally.