EUROLUX represents the interests of the European manufacturers of individual rooflights, continuous rooflights and natural ventilation and smoke/heat exhaust systems on a European administrative and legislative level. Established in Brussels in 1990, EUROLUX promotes the Europe-wide usage of these products for the illumination of interiors with natural daylight and for natural venting and smoke & heat exhaust via rooflights. The association is committed to the exchange of ideas between its members and contributes to European and international standardisation.
As the Secretary General of the association, the successful candidate will make a true business impact with a strong focus on developing the market for natural smoke extraction, daylight and natural ventilation. Joining the association, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and further developing the organisation. Together with the members s/he will develop the long-term strategy for the association, pinpointing risks and opportunities in the market and in the regulatory framework. S/He will drive strategic initiatives through clearly defined activities, projects and campaigns setting the direction of the organisation and placing EUROLUX in the forefront of similar organisations driving the association’s agenda decisively and trustworthy through.
The Secretary General will be the main contact with the identified national and international associations in line with the purpose of the organisation. S/He will identify influencers able to defend the industry’s interests together with her/his team of colleagues.
S/He will work closely with executives and the organisations team, help develop and implement the association’s legislative and regulatory strategy and agenda on assigned issues. Together, the association is dedicated in creating awareness of the importance of daylight, fresh air and sustainability in buildings. To accomplish this, EUROLUX works to influence building and product regulation, policies within energy performance, daylight, natural ventilation, smoke vent and sustainability and product requirements to achieve better living and working conditions in buildings. This will take place through facts and studies giving the basis for the association’s argumentation and allowing national member associations to take advantage on their home turf of a common knowledge base.
The successful candidate will be responsible for consulting with the organisation’s internal experts, as well as relevant associations and coalitions, to develop and implement strategies for achieving legislative and regulatory outcomes that are favourable to the interests of the organisation.
- Develop and implement the strategy in line with the Board’s decisions;
- Preparation and follow through the operating budget of the organisation;
- Follow through the defined activities and report on the progress;
- Provide analysis, updates and briefing papers on developments related to assigned issue areas;
- Identify threats and opportunities with respect to political or policy changes within the scope of the interest of the organisation, and provide strategic guidance to address;
- Preparation of board meetings incl. agenda, presentations, minutes and reports;
- Monitor and keep contact to important stakeholders.
Professionally, the successful candidate will manage to understand, analyse and communicate complex political matters in a corporate environment characterised by increasing politicisation. As a strong communicator externally and internally, s/he is respectful and trustworthy in her/his communication. On a personal level, s/he is dynamic, a team player and possesses excellent networking skills and is very focused. The successful candidate likes to work independently as well as within a team.
- At least 10 years’ demonstrated experience from the EU political environment, including experience from one of the EU institutions, a consultancy agency, an interest group or a like;
- In-depth knowledge of European affairs and the legislative process – preferably within energy, climate and environmental policies and sustainability;
- Political understanding of the member companies’ position, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities within the business area;
- A relevant master’s degree in political science, law, international relations, MSc, economics or similar;
- Excellent written and spoken English (French, German and/or other languages always a plus);
- Technical knowledge/experience (a plus).