About the Association
IMA-Europe is a Trade Association in Brussels, representing the European industrial minerals producers. Their field of activity focuses on all non-commercial issues related to minerals, from their extraction and processing through to their whole life cycle. Priorities evolve around health and safety at the workplace, environmental protection, product safety as well as public awareness about the importance of industrial minerals. The association ensures that the sector at large benefits from the sharing of information and promotes the exchange of good practices.
Key areas of responsibility
As an Environment & Energy Manager, you will manage and advise the members on environmental policies and energy issues relevant to the industrial minerals industry. You will present and represent IMA-Europe’s members interests’ and initiatives at the level of the EU institutions and agencies.
They will provide specific support to:
- Coordinating IMA-Europe positions and advocacy with the members and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide regulatory analysis on the interpretation and application of relevant legislation.
- Collect input from members and feed industry comments into responses to public consultations in the relevant policy domain.
- Lead internal committees and working groups.
- Develop position papers and presentations to support projects and programmes.
- Represent IMA-Europe and present its positions to external stakeholders, including at meetings with EU institutions.
- Foster and maintain contacts with a network of key stakeholders, in particular within the EU institutions and agencies.
- Respond to members’ and non-members’ requests for information.
Experience and Education
- Masters level education, preferably in sciences, (e.g. geology, chemistry, biology) or law/political science.
- Previous years of work experience, ideally in trade associations or public affairs.
- Interest in EU initiatives, legislation, and regulatory processes.
- Experience in leading or working in projects.
- Experience of or within the Brussels environment / EU institutions a plus.
- Fluent in English, other EU language(s) highly appreciated.
- Strong, result-oriented personality with excellent organisational, communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to easily engage peers, external groups and international bodies.
- Efficient in communication with colleagues, members, and EU policymakers.
- Project management skills, proactive, able and willing to take initiatives.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Flexible and a good team player.
- Commitment to pursuing excellence and taking initiative.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), etc.
What IMA-Europe offers
- A challenging job within a dynamic and motivated team in an international industrial environment.
- Direct interaction with industry experts & decision-makers.
- Continuous internal and external trainings.
- A competitive salary package.