About Dentons Global Advisors:
Dentons Global Advisors (DGA) is an expert-led advisory firm that provides integrated solutions for clients in an increasingly complex, regulated and interconnected business environment.
Comprising Albright Stonebridge Group, Interel and a deep bench of communications and strategy consultants, DGA helps clients engage with governments and regulatory bodies, navigate public disclosures and transactions within the private and capital markets, and manage their reputations through critical moments of change, challenge or opportunity. The partnership with Dentons, the world’s largest law firm, means clients can draw upon integrated legal expertise and high-end advisory services when and where they need it.
As trusted counselors to business leaders, management teams and boards of directors, DGA prides itself on providing informed insights, world-class strategies, candid advice and results-oriented execution – all underpinned by a steadfast commitment to quality, shared values and the highest ethical standards.
Dentons Global Advisors has a global network with local expertise, providing nuanced counsel that is tailored to the situation and unencumbered by the bureaucratic structures that often prevent the best team and the best advice getting to clients.
Dentons Global Advisors, a multidisciplinary advisory firm and European public affairs consultancy, is looking to recruit a dynamic and motivated Director to support the Brussels team in servicing the needs of its growing client base, in particular for the tech practice.
As a Director at Dentons Global Advisors you will:
- Advise companies in highly regulated industries on high stakes regulatory and positioning matters
- Work collaboratively with a group of experts to develop and lead Public Affairs and communications programmes for DGA clients in the tech space, specifically on topics such as: crypto, fintech, payments, online platforms
- Turn ‘big picture’ strategies for managing complex engagements into actionable public affairs plans
- Serve as a primary day-to-day client contact on sensitive matters
- Serve as primary project manager and oversee junior colleagues’ work product on simultaneous engagements that are complex and multi-jurisdictional
- Work as part of a team to engage directly with external stakeholder audiences, including the media
- Work to minimize and/or prevent negative exposure for DGA’s clients
- Run DGA’s development initiatives
- Help lead, maintain, and grow new client relationships
- Master degree in a related field (EU affairs, politics, law, economics…)
- Proven experience in public affairs and advocacy in a consultancy, trade body, NGO or the EU institutions
- Strong knowledge of the EU institutions and of EU decision-making
- Knowledge of tech policies and sector (ideally crypto, fintech, payments, platforms-related)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent English drafting and presentation skills and at least one other EU language
- Very good organisational skills and time management
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an international team