About the jobSorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy football experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $250M (€221M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.The Sorare legal team is looking for a dynamic Director of Public Affairs who is ready to develop and lead Sorare’s regulatory strategy and serve as a thought leader in the NFT and fantasy sports space. The ideal candidate will be an independent and forward thinker who is excited to dive into novel and sophisticated public policy problems involving cutting edge technologies and industry.
- Lead and craft Sorare’s public and government affairs strategy by engaging with government officials and regulatory agencies, building key partnerships with external stakeholders (including advocacy groups and global thought leaders), managing and contracting lobbyists and public affairs firms
- Monitor developments in the NFTs, blockchain, fantasy sports and gaming industries and provide relevant and timely insight
- Serve as a thought leader and respected representative in the external community for Sorare at conferences and forums, promoting innovation, strategic vision, and public policy points-of-view
- Partner closely with the Leadership Team, along with other cross-functional teams, to ensure that Sorare’s external affairs work is cohesive, holistic, and aligned with the strategic and operational needs of the business
- Strong understanding of and experience with effective public affairs and political advocacy programs; demonstrated experience in managing associated campaigns
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, with a focus on analyzing and anticipating developments as well as emerging trends, threats and opportunities
- Experience in highly regulated or disruptive industries
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and follow through on various projects concurrently
- Focus on generating results, and have the confidence to make quick decisions
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Stock Options – We want all our employees to contribute to the success of Sorare and we will award stock options so you can share in our success as we grow
- Health Care – We offer fully subsidized/covered health care
- Gym Membership – We will cover the monthly membership to our local gym
- Holidays – We offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year, in addition to national holidays (between 7 and 11 days depending on the year)
- Latest Tech – We cover equipment such as monitors, computer, etc
- Lunch Vouchers – Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses via meal vouchers
- Transportation – we cover 100% of the cost of transportation
- Relocation – Employees relocating will be assisted with the move, to make it as easy and enjoyable as possible
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.