Mavence is recruiting a Director, Institutional Relations, on behalf of a global investment company headquartered, to be based in Brussels.
The Director, Institutional Relations will work to establish and manage the company’s interactions with government and private sector organizations in the EMEA region to help the company understand the policy landscape and its implications and to develop insights that may be useful in carrying out the company’s commercial objectives. The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director at the company’s Brussels Office.
The Director, Institutional Relations will advise senior officers in the company on public policy and regulatory issues of interest and concern. They will facilitate the effective and strategic engagement and decision making of senior management. The Director, Institutional Relations will work closely with colleagues based in Singapore, London office and any other international office as required to support the Company’s mandate.
The Director, Institutional Relations will:
- Be responsible for gathering information regarding political, policy, regulatory and economic developments in EMEA that are relevant to commercial objectives, including information obtained from public sector and private sector sources
- Analyze and interpret political, policy, and economic developments that may impact current or future commercial operations
- Engage with government and public agencies to monitor policy and regulatory trends and developments and to address matters relevant to commercial operations in the EMEA region
- Build strategic alliances and partnerships with third party private and public policy groups to support commercial objectives
- Provide senior corporate executives with information, advice and perspectives concerning government leadership, policies, and activities in EMEA
The successful candidate will have a significant experience in Strategic/Policy/Government Relations with a major multinational company, industry association, business group representative office, adviser to elected representatives or as a senior public servant in a relevant business or government department or agency. Specific financial services industry experience or EU affairs would be an asset.
Previous experience and qualifications should include:
- An ability to quickly anticipate the political, social, and economic issues that will affect the company; recommend appropriate action and/or response as necessary
- Experience working with professionals, staff members and consultants effectively, as well as appropriately advising senior-level policymakers at EU and Member States level or corporate executives
- A proven record of working on a broad scope of EU policy issues either on Digital; Fintech or Industrial issues and having the ability to prioritize appropriately
- Existing network of contacts with EU policy makers, Industrial players and all relevant stakeholders of the Brussels’ ecosystem and ability to mobilise it accordingly
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively with top level government officials of either side of the political spectrum and with association leaders
- Excellent oral and verbal communications skills in English, an executive presence, and the ability to influence and work effectively with a variety of senior executives
- Strong strategic thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- A team player with a keen sense to work in a multicultural environment
- A nice personality, energetic, bright, hardworking, enthusiastic; willing to offer opinions and judgments
- Acute political sensitivity
- Capability to be proactive, able to develop new and creative ideas and anticipate
- Proven to be a self-starter and results-oriented
- A University degree is required, preferably complemented with a Masters
Based on the Candidate experience
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter to Julien.Schiettecatte@mavence.com
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.