FIGIEFA (International Federation of Wholesalers of Automotive Replacement Parts), is looking for a Director of European Affairs (full-time) to support its activities in Brussels.
FIGIEFA is the European federation and political representative in Brussels of the independent wholesalers and retailers of automotive replacement parts. Together with its 19 national European Member State members it represents the interests of more than 30.000 companies trading with vehicle parts, components and accessories throughout Europe. The aim of FIGIEFA is to safeguard a legislative environment in the EU that provides free and fair competition in the automotive aftermarket. In this context, ensuring continued access to technical data and information for independent market operators and the availability of replacement parts, is of crucial importance for our association in a rapidly changing automotive technology environment, in particular with the upcoming g digital era.
- Develop advocacy and communication strategies for FIGIEFA;
- Manage the implementation of these strategies;
- Provide strategic guidance and counsel to the team;
- Liaise with FIGIEFA’s partner alliances;
- Participate in meetings (in Brussels or EU) (such as e.g. EC meetings, meetings with MEPs, FIGIEFA meetings, Alliance meetings) and assume responsibility for the management of the corresponding political subjects and dossiers;
- Drafting of documents: position papers, reports, press releases, contributions to Commission consultations, articles, speeches, presentations;
- Design the organisation’s campaigns and provide general organisational support for the federation;
- Represent FIGIEFA at conferences and event, which involves presentations and traveling at EU level.
- Experienced preferably in the automotive or transport sector, or in the field of the ‘digital economy’;
- Preferably a Master degree in Law, Economics or Political Sciences (with a specialisation in European Affairs).
- Possess professional experience (with a minimum of around 15-20 years required) in the Brussels environment and have a thorough understanding of the functioning of the European institutions.
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of additional EU languages (e.g. German/French) would be an advantage;
- Interpersonal communicational skill to participate in meetings with business partners and counterparts.
- Capable of assessing the business consequences of new legislation and/or (automotive) technologies.
- Proactive person, capable of working on his/her own, but in close cooperation with the FIGIEFA CEO.
- High degree of availability and flexibility required: Capacity and willingness to work on the basis of flexible working hours.
- Availability for frequent trips when necessary to other European countries.
- Full-time based in the FIGIEFA Brussels office
- We offer you a diverse and challenging position within a multi-national and political environment that tackles a wide range of technical issues.
- Start: as soon as possible