Mavence is recruiting a Director, EU Sustainability & ESG, to join a leading global technology company to lead its advocacy work in Brussels, available to start as soon as possible.
The Director of the EU Sustainability Group will take a leadership role in defining, developing and implementing the company’s European sustainability and ESG strategy and initiative. Working closely with the Corporate Sustainability Centre headquartered in Asia and European subsidiaries, the Director will report to the head of the EU Public Affairs team, and take full responsibility of ensuring the company is responsive to and complies with EU ESG regulations and obligations.
Career level: Director (CL4, TB9)
- Working with leadership across business teams, subsidiaries and headquarters, the Director will be responsible for setting the company’s sustainability and ESG strategy, framework, and policies which will be deployed across operations and into the brand. This will include developing and executing European ESG programmes and activities across its European businesses
- The Director will oversee external and internal stakeholder relationships regarding all matters related to corporate sustainability and ESG topics, including:
- develop/propose a strategy and plan to meet short to long term goals in response to the global climate change and environmental issues including reduction of environmental footprint of the company,
- lead a ESG project with European subsidiaries and develop internal programmes optimized for mandatory reporting obligations and external communications with key stakeholders, NGOs, business partners and suppliers,
- Coordinate and collaborate with European subsidiaries to respond to requests and queries from key stakeholders including EU institutions, EU national governments, NGOs, international organisations, etc. on ESG topics.
- Develop advocacy strategies to respond to key EC legislation relevant to sustainability and ESG
- Develop high-level outreach plans to enhance networking with EU institutions and enable early intelligence gathering on potential regulations on ESG
- Develop and refine “core” messages and positions on the key policy areas of corporate sustainability and ESG
- Lead and oversee the EU Sustainability Group within the EU Public Affairs team, which is composed of three senior managers
- Proven experience within sustainability and ESG topics in a corporate, consultancy or non-for-profit area
- Leadership acumen and a can-do attitude to drive the process of creating the ESG strategy for the organisation while working closely with key internal and external stakeholders
- People management and project management experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset – ability to drive new initiatives within a corporate setting
- Ability to work with stakeholders across policy and business