As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, EY hires and develops the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
EY is growing and for that reason is looking for a dynamic and motivated Director / Associate Partner to expand and lead its Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) team. EY CCaSS works on various sustainability topics such as circular economy, sustainable business strategies, ESG due diligence and non-financial reporting. EY CCaSS team provides services to private and public organizations in Belgium, in Europe and worldwide.
With its services EY CCaSS aims to optimize the complete value chain of organisations with the ambition to maximise value and minimise waste. The team also helps policy makers to develop more efficient and sustainable legislation.
At this moment, EY is looking for a Director / Associate Partner to help grow its footprint in the market for the European Commission and other EU institutions.
The primary office is Brussels but flexible working is possible.
- Business development: in collaboration with the EU business development team, you will identify opportunities and lead the development of sustainability-related proposals. Proven business development skills to win proposals at the European Institutions and a strong knowledge of the EU playfield (including a strong network with EU stakeholders) is crucial;
- People management: you will manage project teams independently and you will be responsible for the development of the CCaSS team members (coaching, mentoring and training other team members);
- Delivery of projects:
- Delivering quality is an essential part of the EY DNA. You will contribute to the delivery of the projects and will be responsible for running projects in a structured way that leads to high quality delivery;
- Projects will relate to topics such as circular economy, climate change, energy efficiency, water, biodiversity, etc. Technical expertise in one or more of these areas is highly appreciated;
- You ideally have a Master degree in economics, law or engineering;
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is considered as a plus;
- You have around 15 years of professional experience and proven EU consulting experience in different sustainability domains;
- You have a passion for everything that has to do with sustainability;
- You have thorough knowledge of EU institutions and policy-making;
- You are analytical and you love to work with data and numbers, you love to analyse and improve processes;
- You can work autonomously and are able to develop the market through networking and prospecting (commercial mindset);
EY is passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; the company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability status.
Why you should be interested in this role?
- Help strengthen and grow an exciting business line within EY with the focus on an area of key strategic importance internally and externally;
- Work in a very stimulating environment, with highly driven colleagues to deliver top service to the public sector (EU institutions) clients;
- EY offers extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- EY is proud to be offering flexible working arrangements and supporting its people in building a successful career and delivering excellent client service without sacrificing personal priorities.