MedTech Europe is the European trade association representing the medical technology industries, including medical devices, diagnostics and digital health.
More than 33,000 companies in Europe produce more than 500,000 medical technologies that share a common purpose: improving, extending and transforming people’s lives. With more than 14,000 patents filed annually, the medical technology industry is the most innovative industry in Europe.
Digitalisation is changing the way healthcare is delivered, making it better, safer and more effective. Recent years have seen a number of policy initiatives, many emanating from Brussels, that are paving the way for better use of digital health technologies and health data.
We are expanding our digital health team to address the extensive and fast developing digital agenda in Europe and to ensure that EU and Member States policies and legislation facilitate the deployment of digital health, and raise acceptance and trust in digital health.
Director Digital Health
Your role in the Association
As member of the digital health team, you will take a leading role in supporting the industry’s understanding of digital health and health data policies, representing the industry’s interests vis-à-vis policymakers and stakeholders, and driving the medical technology industry’s policy and advocacy in the emerging European health data ecosystem.
In collaboration with the Director Digital Health, you will maintain and develop partnerships with stakeholders in EU institutions and with appropriate European stakeholder groups to raise awareness and understanding of the benefits of health data access and sharing, and to build trust in digital health technologies.
Key areas of responsibility
Strategies & tactics
- Together with the Director Digital Health, develop strategies to collect the members’ interests and advise on (and execute) successful tactics to ensure regulatory approaches that support members’ interests
Regulatory affairs expertise
- Drive activities that are in line with the association’s policies, procedures and practices
- Collect input from members and feed industry comments into responses to public consultations in the relevant policy domains
- Suggest opportunities for new work items, advocacy and communication
- Lead internal committees and working groups, together with their chairs, to coordinate debate, build consensus and advise on possible successful strategies
- Develop position papers and presentations to support projects and programmes
- Provide direction and support to ensure successful external advocacy of agreed industry positions, objectives and campaigns
- Represent MedTech Europe and present its positions to external stakeholders, including at meetings with EU institutions;
- Foster and maintain contacts with a network of key stakeholders, in particular within the EU institutions and agencies
- Alert the MedTech Europe hierarchy and members to issues ahead of time
- Communicate about projects and programmes to members and externally to identified stakeholders
- Monitor and share intelligence
- Respond to members’ and non-members’ requests for information
- Communicate information on meetings, update extranet with new resources/tools, and post them to members
Experience and Education
- Masters level education, preferably in political or social sciences disciplines, humanities, law or other relevant fields
- Proven, initial work experience, ideally in trade associations, the healthcare industry, public administration or government
- Compelling knowledge and command of EU and Member States initiatives on digital health and data, ideally with an appreciation for their impact on healthcare in general and medical technology in particular
- Experience in leading or working in projects
- Experience of or within the Brussels environment / EU institutions a plus
- Fluent in English, other EU language(s) highly appreciated
- Ability to easily engage peers, external groups and international bodies
- Possess or have a demonstrated ability to create an own network
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, both in one-on-one and group settings
- Project management skills, proactive, able and willing to take initiatives
- Flexible and a good team player
- Commitment to pursuing excellence and taking initiative
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Becoming a member of a motivated, dynamic, diverse, and international team
- Competitive salary package plus additional benefits, including a performance bonus, lunch vouchers, mobile phone subscription, work laptop, pension plan & medical insurance (incl. family)
- Representing a well-established and innovative European industry
- Opportunity for training and personal development
MedTech Europe is an equal opportunity employer.