GeoPost, the financial holding company and head officer of DPDGroup, a B2B and B2C parcel delivery network, is looking for a Deputy Director of European Affairs to strengthen the Groups Regulatory and Global affairs Department.
The Regulatory and Gloabl Affairs Department is response for i.a. relations with authorities overseeing all customs matters and working on all normative subjects as well as validating the compliance of international trade activities (Trade compliance), in particular through the deployment of different tools to bring the group into compliance with embargo and international sanctions regimes, as well as new activities on export control. The Department also deals with changes in aviation safety, as well as specific international missions.
In coordination with the rest of the team, the Deputy Director of European Affairs will oversee the development of lobbying activities at European level in all areas impacting the activities of DPDgroup through:
- Monitoring and reporting on EU policy developments
- Analyzing potential impact of key public policy developments
- Advising leadership team and business units on the latest and upcoming developments
- Developing policy positions in coordination with internal subject matters experts
- Articulating and executing advocacy strategies
- Supporting the Central team in activities related to public policy issues at the European level and across the region
- Assisting in managing internal reporting and developing public policy tools
- Building and maintaining relationships with external policymakers and internal stakeholders
- Coordinating with corporation Industry Associations and external support agencies
- Representing DPDgroup in different public forums with the power to impact the Group’s right to operate
- Shaping and introducing DPDgroup’s efforts to demonstrate its positive economic impact on the society
Reporting line, geographic base, and travel requirements
The Deputy Director European Affairs will report to the Director Regulatory Affairs.
The management team is based in Paris. The position is based in Brussels with monthly meetings in the various Headquarters of the Group.
The position requires travel within and outside of Europe.
In total, travels can represent up to 20% of the function. Candidates must be allowed to work in EU.
Ideal Candidate profile:
- Curiosity, interpersonal skills, empathy: the person must be able to exchange easily with a broad range of interlocutors both inside the group and outside
- Capacity for modeling, strategic foresight AND organization building
- Autonomy at work, force of proposal
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Expressive skills and ability to make regulatory issues understandable to non-experts
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment (multiple BUs in Europe and partners throughout the world)
- Editorial skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English, fluency in another language is a plus.
- Experience working on public affairs and/or transport policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations
The working language of GeoPost DPDgroup is English.
However, the usual working language between team members from the Paris office and the Brussels office is French.
- Join an international company in a moment of great international expansion and play an active part in this journey
- Work within an organisation offering a lot of space for initiative to create your own professional path within its broader structure
- Build the European Affairs role within DPDgroup, shaping processes and influencing the organisation’s way of interacting with key policy stakeholders